User Generated Content (UGC) Terms and Conditions
IKEA in these terms refer to IKEA KSA, If you have any further questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact our Customer Service.
Our Use of the Content
A. From time to time, we, along with our authorised service providers, select Content in Third Party Platforms that we would like to use in IKEA Media.
B. The Content selected and used by us will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In order to be a selected participating contributor, you must be 18 years old or above and have access to a valid and genuine Third Party Platform account.
- It is not necessary to purchase anything from IKEA in order to contribute Content to IKEA Media.
- You must respond directly to us within the same chat, thread or by private message using the hashtag “#شارك_ايكيا” in order to release the agreed Content to us. If we do not receive your response within 7 days from the date we contacted you, we will assume that you do not consent to our use of your Content and your Content will not be used by us in any IKEA Media.
- By consenting to our use of your Content, you:
a. confirm that the Content is your original creation and not copied from third parties;
b. acknowledge that your Content may appear on the IKEA Media; and
c. grant IKEA and its affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual right and license without compensation to use your Content as set out in these terms and conditions;
d. confirm that you have all the rights necessary to allow us to use your Content;
e. confirm that the creation and use of your Content in any IKEA Media complies with all applicable laws and regulations; f. warrant that your Content does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party and that your Content is free from viruses and other malware; and
g. waive any moral rights you may have in your Content, such as any right you may have to be named as the author of the Content or to protect the integrity of your Content.
- You give us your permission to redesign, archive, reproduce, disseminate, display, publicly perform and/or replay and make publicly accessible, as well as to cut and edit, adapt and modify your Content or any part of it.
- If your Content is corrupted, inappropriate, illegible or otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions then we will not accept your Content.
- You accept that we may choose not to use your Content or to remove your Content from any IKEA Media at any time.
- You agree that you will not receive any payment or other remuneration if we use your Content in any IKEA Media. “unless there is a marketing campaign saying clearly that there are prizes such as gift cards”
- If you remove any of the Content you released to us from the Third Party Platform it was originally posted on, then it will be removed from the IKEA Media only where your and our Third Party Platforms are linked, subject to reasonable delays for technical reasons.
- If your Content is used by us on Third Party Platforms which are not linked and as a result your Content is not automatically removed from the IKEA Media, and you would no longer like your Content to be posted on the relevant IKEA Media, then please contact Our Customer Service Contact Centre to notify us of your request. Once notified, we will remove your Content within a reasonable timeframe.
- To the extent it is permitted by law to do so, we accept no liability for any damage, injury or loss suffered due to our use of your Content.
- We will only use personal information supplied by you for the purposes of posting your Content, unless you provide your consent for us to use your personal information for any other agreed purpose.
- These terms are governed by KSA law and any disputes in relation to them are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jeddah courts.