Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
We're excited to announce that all our UK IKEA stores, and selected Restaurants* are now open.
The safety of our customers and co-workers remains our highest priority so we’ve created a safe environment for you to enjoy your meatballs, veggie balls, and a few of our other favourite dishes.
All our Bistros are also open for takeaways and our Swedish Food Markets are open in all stores.
Restaurants not currently open
*Due to local restrictions our Belfast, Bristol and Edinburgh IKEA Restaurants are temporarily closed until further notice
At IKEA we offer a modern taste of Sweden with honest, affordable and appetising food. From Swedish meatballs to coffee and cakes, and even a great tasting veggie dog, we have a variety of food for everyone. Visit us in store to try our tasty and sustainable dishes. If you need any advice on ingredient/allergen information we will be happy to help you in store.
It’s going to work a bit differently though, here’s how…
- When entering a store, you’ll be asked if you’d like to eat and we’ll reserve a time for you and take a few details as part of the Governments test and trace scheme for
- Please only come to the restaurant at the time of your reservation and use the hand sanitisers stationed throughout. Please keep your mask or face covering on until seated.
- When you reach the restaurant, you’ll be shown to your table and given a menu
- Once you’ve chosen what to have, one member of your group can go to the till to order and pay***. Please remember to keep your mask or face covering on whilst walking around in the restaurant.
- A co-worker will bring your order to you, along with your drinks, cutlery and condiments
- Once you’ve finished, simply leave your plates where they are, and follow the one-way system out
- We’ll clear your table, then give it a thorough clean, ready for the next customer
We look forward to serving you a delicious meal soon.
Our last bookings will be taken one hour before the restaurant closing time. Please check individual individual store for IKEA Restaurant opening hours here
***Following the latest Government Guidance, we will be operating a full table service, and ask that you only visit in groups of 6 or less, with friends or family that you live with or those in your support bubble.
Swedish Food Market
You can also eat tasty, affordable dishes from the restaurant at home. In the Swedish food market next to the bistro you will find meatballs, marinated herring, coffee and various other Swedish specialities from IKEA. Come and discover the Swedish cuisine.
After checkout and before going home, the whole family can grab a drink or a quick snack at the IKEA Bistro.
Browse our cooking and serveware range
SMÅTTINGAR - A menu for little folks
All of our dishes are not only tasty and delicious but they are full of all the nutrition that growing children need with no added salts or sugars.
Our children’s meals are served with a choice of vegetables, crunchy vegetable sticks and a piece of fruit. Free water is available at the drink island.
To make meal time a little easier for the whole family, our restaurants are equipped with food warming facilities (please wipe down the microwave before and after use with the sanitiser provided), junior cutlery, bottle warmers, napkins and disposable paper bibs.
We have both standard baby feeding and high chairs as well as adjustable tables for those that need a degree of flexibility so everyone can eat in comfort. Plus there is FREE baby food (subject to availability).
Food you can feel good about
At IKEA we are guided by our vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people - responsible seafood sourcing is a natural contribution to this. At IKEA we have a commitment of only serving ASC or MSC certified seafood in our stores.
UTZ certified coffee
IKEA wants to serve and sell coffee that has been produced with care for people and the planet. Offering customers UTZ certified and organic coffee is part of the IKEA food efforts to ensure ingredients are from responsible and more sustainable sources.
No food waste
Since December 2016 we’ve been reducing our food waste. Our goal is to cut our food waste by 50% by the end of August 2020. It is part of our commitment to people and planet.