A classic Italian bolognese made from plant-based mince
Serves 4 | Time: 30 min
- 14 oz VÄRLDSKLOK shapeable plant mince
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2-3 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. vegetable stock
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 0.5 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves
- SMAKRIK canola oil for frying
- 18 oz pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
Step by step:
- Fry the onion, carrot and celery in the oil until the onion is soft but does not yet have any brown color. Add the garlic, tomato paste and spices and fry for a few more minutes.
- Pour the frozen mince into the frying pan and fry until the mince has a nice surface. Chop it continuously into pieces with a wooden spoon to avoid it clumping together.
- Pour over the stock, water and crushed tomatoes. Stir, pour in the salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, diluting with water if necessary and stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Add salt, pepper and spices to taste. Pick the leaves off the basil plant and stir into the pot together with the pasta. Top with grated parmesan.