Frequently asked questions
- Everyone must wear a face covering when in our store. In accordance with CDC recommendations, this includes those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Our co-workers will be provided the PPE and supplies to work safely including hand sanitizer and masks.
- We are monitoring the number of visitors in the store and maintaining a strict physical distancing guideline of six feet including floor decals for customer lines.
- There are hand sanitizer stations throughout the store and we will frequently sanitize and clean surfaces.
- There are plexiglass separation screens around cash registers and customer service points.
- Select stores have opened with new, enhanced safe food handling procedures in the IKEA Bistro and Restaurant. The Swedish Food Market will also be open for food purchases, but take out only. Visit your local store page for more information.
- The children’s play area, Småland, will remain closed at this time as an added safety measure.
- Please play your part by listening to local government guidelines, respecting hygiene rules and wear your face covering, maintaining social distancing and staying home if you feel unwell or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Everyone must wear a face covering when in our store.
- We recommend you plan for your purchase in advance and consider a non-peak time or later date to shop if the need isn’t immediate.
- Special shopping hours for our seniors and at-risk customers on Tuesdays. Visit your local store page for the hours.
- There could be longer wait times.
- We strive to maintain availability of all items listed on IKEA.com because we know your home is the most important place in the world: Our goal is to help make it a more comfortable, happy space for your family. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are currently experiencing supply delays due to COVID-19.
- Customers can check online or on the IKEA app to see product availability in their local store prior to visiting. Stock updates are made every 24 hours.
- To check, go to the product page, choose your local IKEA store and click on the Check Stock button. If you want updates, select to be notified when supply is back.
- Due to system updates and high demand, there is a chance an item with low stock may not be available for purchase.
- We appreciate your patience while we work with suppliers to restock your favorite IKEA products.
- We have suspended all removal services. Pick-up of exchanges at customers’ homes vary by market.
- We have made updates to our return policy. View our updated policy here
- Operations continue but delivery times are running longer than usual.
- We temporarily changed our Home Delivery to implement social distancing and moved to contactless delivery. Our Home Delivery drivers will now deliver to your covered porch, garage or doorstep. However, in certain markets, the following products may be delivered to your room of choice: 1) Queen and King Beds; 2) Queen and King Mattresses; 3) Kitchen Appliances; 4) Sofa Frames; and 5) PAX Wardrobes. It is ultimately the responsibility of the Delivery Company to determine whether your delivery of the above products to your room choice is permissible based on the Delivery Company’s terms & conditions and relevant COVID-19 regulations and guidance. Exclusions are subject to change.
- Expedited Delivery is a delivery service fulfilled and shipped by a store. This service is available in select locations.
- Please see our updated Delivery Terms and Conditions
- Click & Collect is available.
- We have adjusted the pick-up process, please see our Click & Collect page for more details.
- The booking for Assembly through IKEA is available. To book your Assembly, please visit here
- Kitchen Measurement and Planning services will be available online and in select stores in accordance with local regulations.
- Kitchen Installation services may be available in select locations in accordance with local regulations and hygiene practices. Contact your Kitchen Planner for availability and details.
- See Kitchen Services for details.
- Our Customer Support Center is now working on reduced hours of operation from 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM ET, 7 days a week.
- Our Customer Support Center is experiencing higher than usual contact volumes which may result in longer response times.
- Using your order number and email address or phone number, you can track your order online here: https://order.ikea.com/us/en/history/#/lookup
- If you’re receiving an error at check-out while placing your order, it’s possible the items in your cart are out of stock at our distribution center. Please note that standard online orders for delivery ship from one of our central warehouses based on your zip code and not our store locations, so it’s possible for availability to differ. For further information, you’re welcome to contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-5432.
- If you're outside of the continental US and would like to make your purchase from IKEA USA, we recommend using a third-party freight forwarder.Please note that neither IKEA nor the delivery company will be held responsible for damaged or defective merchandise or missing items that are not reported by the freight forwarder at the time of delivery.
- Upon delivery, we recommend reviewing your order confirmation and 8-digit article numbers of the products delivered. To report missing items, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532.
- For parcel deliveries, FedEx may leave packages in a more secluded area of your home, such as behind porch columns, landscaping, or garage corners. With our updated Terms & Conditions effective August 20, 2020, truck deliveries may also be delivered to your covered porch, garage or doorstep and not inside your home. If your package isn’t found within these locations, please confirm that your mailing address is listed correctly and contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532 for assistance.
- First, please check to make sure you have all of the packages for each item, as there may be more than 1 box containing all parts. You'll find the number of packages required on the product label (example: Box 1(2) and Box 2(2)). For the quickest resolution, we recommend visiting the store with your receipt or order confirmation to obtain any missing parts. If you’re unable to do so, please contact the US IKEA Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532. Pending availability and the size of the part(s), we may be able to ship them from our store.
- Most IKEA bed frames require the SKORVA midbeam. This product is sold separately in our stores. If your purchase was made in-store, please review your receipt to see if this product was purchased. If not, it would be necessary to visit the store to purchase or place an order for the SKORVA midbeam online. If your purchase was completed online, the SKORVA midbeam is included in the price of our bed frame. If this product is missing from your order, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532.
- If the appliance was purchased within 365 days, please visit your closest store location with your receipt or order confirmation and the serial number of the item. We’ll be happy to assist you there.
- While IKEA is not liable for any lost/stolen or left behind merchandise, we’ll do our best to help. Please give us a call at 1-888-888-4532 within 24 hours of your visit so we can attempt to locate the item(s).
- If only one part from your product is damaged, we may be able to ship replacement parts from one of our stores. For the quickest resolution, we recommend visiting an IKEA store with the damaged product or part(s) along with your order confirmation or receipt. If you're unable to do so, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532.
- For appliance help outside of 365 days, please contact Whirlpool directly at (866) 664-2449. For more information regarding our appliance warranty, please click here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/returns-claims/guarantee/ If your appliance was purchased in 2021, please contact our Service Provider at (833) 337-4006.
Missing Parts or Hardware
- Hardware listed in our assembly instructions with a 6-digit part number can be ordered by calling the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532.
- For the quickest resolution, we recommend visiting an IKEA store with your receipt or order confirmation. If you’re unable to do so, please contact the US IKEA Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532 with a detailed description of what’s missing. We may be able to send replacements from one of our stores!
- Assembly Instructions can be found on the product’s web page on under Product details. For print copies, we recommend visiting an IKEA store.
- For missing parts with no 6-digit part number, we recommend visiting an IKEA store with your receipt or order confirmation for assistance. Please note we’re unable to guarantee resolution if you no longer have your receipt or are outside of our 365-day return policy.
- For missing hardware with a 6-digit part number, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532. If this hardware is available from our spare parts facility, we’ll be happy to place an order for you.
- Spare parts are available for as-is products at the discretion of our store management teams. We recommend visiting an IKEA store with the product and your receipt to discuss possible resolutions.
- We’re unable to change the service on an order once payment has been collected. If you prefer to place a Click & Collect order or purchase in-store, it would be necessary to cancel your order for delivery.
- Once payment has been collected, we’re unable to add items to your order. For time sensitive inquiries, we recommend calling our IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532. We may be able to place a new order and deliver them together but are unable to guarantee the deliveries will occur on the same day.
- Items can be removed from your order for a refund if the order is still processing. Once the order ships, we can no longer make change.
- To manage, cancel or reschedule your order, please click here: https://order.ikea.com/us/en/history/#/lookup/ For further assistance, please contact us at 1-888-888-4532.
- IKEA offers a flat rate online delivery service to your home or business starting at $5 for small item shipping and $49 for large item deliveries. With this service, your merchandise can be placed in a room of choice at no additional cost. If you choose to have your items delivered in-store, simply speak to an in-store IKEA co-worker for more details. For more information on our services, click here
- Online delivery dates vary depending on your zip code. The earliest estimated dates for your area will be provided prior to completing your order at check-out. *Please note that this is not a guaranteed delivery date for your order. Once your order ships, our delivery provider will contact you to confirm your scheduled delivery date and a 4-hour time window.
- The local delivery company will contact you the evening prior to your scheduled delivery date to confirm your 4-hour time frame.
- We offer delivery prices starting at $5. To find out the online delivery cost for your order, add the intended items to your shopping cart and enter your state and zip code into the delivery estimator.
- To place an order using a credit card issued outside of the US, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532. Our website does not accept foreign forms of payment at this time.
- We don’t offer discounted or free shipping at this time. For the latest offers, we recommend signing up to become an IKEA Family member here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/ikea-family/
- The overall weight and size of the order will determine its delivery method and shipping costs. Smaller orders are shipped via parcel (FedEx), while large orders are delivered by truck via a third-party delivery company.
- If you're outside of the continental US and would like to make your purchase from IKEA USA, we recommend using a third-party freight forwarder. Please note that neither IKEA nor the delivery company will be held responsible for damaged or defective merchandise or missing items that are not reported by the freight forwarder at the time of delivery.
- Assembly services are available for in-store and online purchases. Our products are designed to be assembled by you. That way, you’ll save the most money. However, we've teamed up with TaskRabbit to provide even more options to assemble your IKEA furniture. Learn more here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/services/assembly/
- TaskRabbit is a service platform that conveniently connects you with a network of independent ‘Taskers’ to handle everything from IKEA furniture assembly to odd-jobs or errands. Learn more on our partnership here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/services/taskrabbit-and-ikea-partnership-pubddab78f4
- TaskRabbit Assembly is available in most metro areas in the US. Availability of Taskers vary based on demand. Visit https://www.taskrabbit.com/ikea for a complete list of the metro areas.
- Furniture assembly and mounting is available for most IKEA items. Taskers follow assembly instructions and will secure items to the wall when specified.
- Book as early as tomorrow and up to 14 days (about 2 weeks) in advance.
- Your task is paid when the task is fully completed. All payment is collected through TaskRabbit.
- You may locate a digital copy of the assembly instructions from our website, on the product page. Hard copy instructions are included in the packaging of our products.
- IKEA products are sold worldwide. Using photo diagrams ensures our assembly instructions are accessible to all and easy to understand.
- Measuring service-Our measurement technician will visit you to measure your space and document the dimensions. We will arrive at your home during the 2-hour window of the appointment and depending on the complexity of the kitchen this may take up to 45 minutes. The fee for your measurement will be applied as a discount upon the purchase of a professional IKEA Installation. Please be sure to schedule your measurement appointment at least one (1) week before your planning appointment so the measurements can be shared with your IKEA kitchen expert. In store planning (free)-Meet at your local IKEA store for a 2-hour appointment with an IKEA kitchen expert and work together to create your dream kitchen. It is important that we have the exact measurements of your kitchen so that our team can provide an expert level of service. If you have used our measurement service, these measurements will be made available to the planning team prior to your appointment. If you are preparing your own measurements, please be sure to have them ready to share with the IKEA kitchen expert during your planning session. Online planning (free)-Work with an IKEA kitchen planner via a screen sharing tool to create your dream kitchen. This appointment can last up to 2-hours with a further 30-minute follow up session available for minor revisions. It is important that we have the exact measurements of your kitchen so that our team can provide an expert level of service. If you have used our measurement service, these measurements will be made available to the planning team prior to your appointment. If you are preparing your own measurements, please be sure to have them ready to share with the IKEA kitchen expert during your planning session. Kitchen validation (online planning)(free)-If you have already used the planning tool you can have an IKEA kitchen expert review it with you. Schedule a 30-minute online appointment during one of the below 2-hour time slots.
- Our partner, Traemand, is a preferred kitchen services provider. They are local, professional kitchen installers that are licensed, insured and provide warranties for 5 years post-completion on IKEA-supplied kitchen products.
- You may reach our Kitchen Sales team by calling our IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532, or you may visit your local IKEA to place your order.
Click & Collect
- The Click & Collect service is available at all IKEA store locations, excluding our Planning Studios. Once everything has been added to your online shopping cart, select Click & Collect at check-out to find a participating IKEA store near you.
- Effective March 20, 2020, due the COVID-19 pandemic, our Click & Collect terms have been temporarily modified and you must pick-up your order on your pick-up date or your order will be cancelled, and you will be refunded. For store specific Click & Collect information, please visit your Local Store Page
- The Click & Collect terms and conditions can be found on our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/terms-conditions/delivery-terms-and-conditions-pub7aa7b291
- Our stores have a limited number of slots per day for this service due to high demand. Once this limit is reached, you'll receive a "maximum order capacity" warning in checkout. Regarding stock, our system allows a specific quantity of an item to be sold in one day. Once we reach this capacity or if there is limited stock available, the item will appear as out of stock during checkout.
- While checking out on our website, you’ll be given the option to name an alternate collector for your Click & Collect order.
- At this time, we only allow customers to designate an alternate collector during check-out. If you’re no longer able to pick up the order, we recommend cancelling and placing a new order with the intended alternate collector listed.
- Once your order is ready to be collected, you’ll receive an email letting you know the date and time frame for pickup.
- Our system allows a specific quantity of an item to be sold in one day through Click and Collect. Once we reach this capacity or if there is limited stock available, the item will appear as out of stock during checkout.
- Customers have up to 24 hours to pick up the merchandise from the confirmation of the pickup date. Please note, you cannot make any modifications to Click & Collect orders once the picking has been completed.
Local Pick Up Points
- Local Pick Up locations allow you to choose to pick up your IKEA parcel deliveries at a secure nearby FedEx location.
- As of February 22nd, this service will be available nationwide at 2,000+ FedEx locations
- When you are checking out, you will be asked to input your zip code. If this service is offered in your area, it will pop up with your local FedEx pick-up point options. Then select the location and date that is convenient for you.
- The service is a flat rate of $3.99.
- You will receive an email and/or SMS notifying you that your order is ready for pick up at your local pick-up point location. You must provide your order number and valid government issued photo ID to receive your order.
- Yes, during checkout, you can add the name of the person who will collect the order under the alternate collector field. When they go to pick up the order, they must provide the order number and valid government issued photo ID to receive the order.
- You have 5 days from the date your order arrives at the pick-up location to retrieve it.
- You can return your package in-store or contact our support center for refund and returns instructions.
- If you are unable to pick up your package within 5 days of the scheduled date, we will return your order and a refund will be made in the same form of payment originally used to make the purchase.
- You can view the tracking information on the Track & manage my order page online. You can access the Track & manage my order page by selecting the truck icon next to the search bar.
- For online and phone purchases (home delivery), we accept IKEA gift cards (with PIN), American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA. We don't accept checks for any order type.
- Our planning studios accept gift cards and credit/debit cards, including Apple Pay, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA. We don't accept cash at this time.
- For store purchases, we accept cash, IKEA gift cards (with PIN), store return cards, Apple Pay, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA. We don’t accept checks for any order type.
- To place an order using a credit card issued outside of the US, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532. Our website doesn’t accept foreign forms of payment at this time.
- If an IKEA Family card was used at checkout, you can find a copy of your receipt and previous purchases in your Family account under your purchase history. If you are not a Family member and paid with a credit care, please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center for assistance locating a copy of your receipt.
- Multiple order attempts within a 24-hour period or incorrect billing information may result in a declined payment. Please contact the IKEA US Customer Support Center for further assistance.
- Split payments using a debit/credit card and IKEA gift cards can be done on our website and in our store locations.
Coupons & Offers
- This promotion is intended for in-store use only and can’t be used online
- If you haven’t received your IKEA Family Birthday Coupon, please review the following troubleshooting steps. 1. Check your spam folder. 2. Check to ensure that you have "email communications" checked as a preference in your IKEA FAMILY profile settings? 3. IKEA Family birthday coupons are sent out the week before your birthday month. To receive this coupon, your account and communication settings must be updated prior to this time frame. Please note that your IKEA FAMILY profile and preferences are separate from your IKEA-USA.com account. If you are still not able to locate the IKEA Family Birthday Coupon, please contact the US IKEA Support Center.
- Unfortunately, all coupons, promotions, and offers can not be redeemed past the expiration date.
- Become an IKEA Family member and be the first to know about sales, special offers, and events at your local store. The best part, it’s free! Sign up for IKEA Family here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/ikea-family/
- Only one coupon per transaction is permitted at this time.
- Customers may use up to 4 IKEA gift cards per online order.
- At this time, return cards without a PIN number can only be used at our store locations.
- Check the balance of your IKEA Gift Card here. To check your gift card balance, you must have the 4-digit PIN associated with the card. The 4-digit PIN is located underneath the gray scratch-off field on the back of the gift card.
- Your gift card must have a 4-digit pin to be used online. If your card doesn’t have a pin, it's likely an older gift card or a return card (store credit) and can only be redeemed at our store locations.
- There are no fees associated with gift cards. You will only be charged the face value of the gift card and shipping. eGift cards are sent via email and incur no shipping charges.
- Not at this time.
- If your gift card has not been delivered, you can cancel your purchase through CashStar here:https://ikea-usa.cashstar.com/self_service/v2/register/?locale=en-us. Cancellation is subject to limitations.
- In order to protect you from unauthorized transactions, we require your credit card's Security Code. MasterCard, VISA, and Discover:The Security Code is the 3-digit number printed on the signature panel on the back of your card. It immediately follows the account number. American Express: The card Security Code (also referred to as the CID number) is printed above the imprinted card number on the front of the card (on either the left or right). *Please note, there are a small percentage of "plastic-less" card accounts for American Express - Corporate and Purchasing Card accounts. If you have one of these accounts with no AMEX card, please enter 5555 as your card security code.
- Your credit card is charged at the time of purchase. This purchase will appear on your credit/debit card statement as IKEA GIFT CARD.
- Digital Gift Card: All gift card purchases are subject to credit approval and a fraud verification process. It can sometimes take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase to review your order unless you specify a future delivery date. You will receive a confirmation email when your order has been sent. Your Gift Card will be sent via email on the delivery date you choose, with rare exceptions for processing delays. For same-day delivery, most Gift Cards are sent within 24 hours of the purchase transaction. For future delivery, Gift Cards are sent on the morning of the scheduled delivery date. Please see the "Gift Cards" section below for more about Gift Cards. Plastic Gift Card: Delivery times are determined by the Shipping Method selection. Orders are generally shipped within 1-2 business days. Once your Gift Card is shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number, with which you may access the current shipping status of your gift.*Tracking numbers are not available for cards delivered via standard shipping.
- Digital Gift Cards: Gift Cards will be sent via email. Please see the "eGift Cards" section below for more about Gift Cards. Plastic Gift Card: You can choose our standard shipping free of charge, or for an additional fee you can choose to expedite your order. You can make your selection under the Shipping Method option. Depending on when your order is placed, it may take 1-2 business days to process order.
- Once your gift card is shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number, with which you may access the current shipping status of your gift. *Tracking numbers are not available for cards delivered via standard shipping.
- Gift cards may be shipped to valid street addresses within the United States. For your protection, we do not ship to Post Office Boxes.
- To purchase a Digital Gift card online for yourself, visit the "For Me" tab underneath "Who is the gift card for". Your Gift Card will be sent to the email address entered on the Payment Page. When you receive your Gift Card alert via email, follow the instructions in this message to retrieve and redeem your Gift Card.
- Simply personalize the Gift Card for your recipient, have it sent to yourself and then print it. Go to the "For Me" tab underneath "Who is the gift card for."Your Gift Card will be sent to the email address entered on the Payment Page. Enter your recipient's name and your personal message on the Gift Card messages page and complete the transaction normally. You will receive a Gift Card alert via email. Follow the instructions in this message to retrieve your Gift Card and then choose "Click to print this page." The resulting printout may be presented as a gift to the recipient.
- Yes. If you send separate Gift Cards to Aunt Mary and Uncle Jim at their shared email address, they will receive two messages with the subject "[Sender] sent you an eGift Card from IKEA" with your name in place of [Sender]. Within the text of the emails, each message will be addressed to the respective recipient, using the name you entered in the purchase process, for example: "Mary Smith, John Jones sent you a $XX Gift Card from IKEA."
- You can use your gift card at accepted IKEA locations and online.
- There is no expiration date on your gift card. We recommend that you redeem it soon after you receive it, so you don't forget.
- Not at this time.
- A Digital Gift Card is an electronic Gift Card that is sent via email. On the delivery date you choose, a message is sent to the recipient informing them of your gift, with a link to retrieve it online. The link in the email goes to a page showing the Gift Card you created (the design you selected, with your recipient's name and your personalized message), its value and code number. This page also gives simple instructions for redeeming the Gift Card, including printing instructions. Sometimes, special offers and promotions are listed on the page.
- We adhere to all industry best practices to ensure successful delivery of the Gift Card via email. Still, there is a chance that the email will be treated as spam or the recipient didn't notice it in their email inbox. You will receive an email message confirming delivery of the Gift Card alert email, and a message notifying you that the eGift Card has been viewed. If the Gift Card goes un-viewed for 15 days after delivery, you will receive a message with options for resolving the issue.
- You will receive an email message confirming delivery, and a message notifying you that the Gift Card has been viewed. If the Gift Card goes un-viewed for 15 days after delivery, you will receive a message with options for resolving the issue. You may also contact Customer Support with the order number from the email, you received confirming your purchase, and we can tell you if the recipient has viewed their Gift Card.
- No and no. Most standard office and household printers are equipped to print Gift Cards, and you do not need to print in color. Some printers produce great results, and older printers sometimes don't print certain images well, but the most important thing is that the Card Number is clear. If it is not, you may need to install a new ink cartridge.
- All personal and financial information is transmitted using the https protocol over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), utilizing state of the art technology for consumer protection. Behind the scenes, your web browser is sending all personal and financial information over SSL. The Gift Card purchase process is fully PCI compliant. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support.
- Your Gift Card has cash value and should be safeguarded as such. If you lose your Gift Card, contact Customer Support immediately. If your Gift Card has not been redeemed or has some remaining value, we can cancel the original and issue you a new Gift Card for that value.
- Our state of the art technology inhibits fraud, but you must safeguard your Gift Card for your own protection. If someone makes a copy of your Gift Card and redeems it for the full amount, your copy will have no value. No matter how many copies are made, the value of the Gift Card is tied to the Gift Card number. When that number is used, the value of the purchase is deducted from the Gift Card. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your Gift Card, contact Customer Support immediately. Any value that has not been used can be re-issued to you in a new Gift Card.
- CashStar is a Blackhawk Network business specializing in Digital Gifting that allows consumers and businesses to securely order and send Gift Cards over the internet. CashStar's focus is on developing a secure payment technology platform and service dedicated to bridging the digital and physical divide. CashStar is fully PCI compliant.
- The IKEA Visa credit card is a credit card that can be used at IKEA and anywhere else Visa is accepted. If you are approved, you’ll earn 5% back in rewards on IKEA USA purchases1, 3% back in rewards on dining, grocery and utility purchases2, and 1% back1 in rewards anywhere else you use the IKEA Visa credit card. The IKEA Projekt card is a credit card that can only be used at IKEA USA. The IKEA Projekt card offers 6, 12, and 24 month promotional financing. There is a minimum purchase of $500 for a 6 month plan, $1,500 for a 12 month plan, and $5,000 for a 24 month plan. This makes the IKEA Projekt card a great solution to fit your large project needs.
- Yes! You can apply for both cards. Please note, the applications are separate and are subject to independent credit approval.
- Yes, if you have been approved for an IKEA Visa credit card in an IKEA store or online, you will be able to use your newly opened account on the same day transaction. You'll receive an IKEA Visa credit card welcome kit in the mail within 7-10 business days.
- If your online application is approved and you make a same day $25 (or more) qualifying purchase online, the $25 off First Purchase Offer will appear, within two billing cycles, as a credit on your statement. If you apply and are approved in store and you make a same day $25 or more qualifying purchase, the offer will be applied automatically.
- There is no limit to the amount of rewards you can earn.
- Rewards are redeemed in $15 increments on your billing statement and are valid for the next 45 days.
- If you’re already a member of our IKEA Family loyalty program, you can still enjoy all the IKEA Family benefits as well as the IKEA Visa card benefits. You’ll still need to use your IKEA Family number to qualify for any IKEA Family discounts at checkout. If you’re not an IKEA Family member yet, you’ll be automatically enrolled in this free program when you are approved for an IKEA Visa credit card. For more information, view the IKEA Family page.
- For customer service call 1-866-387-6145 for the IKEA Visa credit card, or 1-866-518-3990 for the IKEA Visa Signature credit card (TDD/TTY 1-888-819-1918).
- Your IKEA Projekt card can be used at U.S. IKEA stores and IKEA.com/us/en on product purchases.
- Yes, special financing is available on purchases of $500 or more. See below for details on the special financing plans.
- Yes, any new purchases you make with your IKEA Projekt credit card between $500.00-$1,499.99 will automatically be put on the 6-month plan, any new purchase between $1,500.00 and $4,999.99 will be put on the 12 month plan and any new purchase of $5,000+ will be put on the 24 month plan. The new financing options do not impact any existing account balances.
- No, any previous IKEA Projekt credit card purchases that are already on the 4.99% APR 60-month plan will remain on the plan. The new financing options are only available on new qualifying purchases with your IKEA Projekt credit card.
- No, the 6 month plan is only available on IKEA Projekt credit card purchases between $500.00-$1,499.99, the 12 month plan on purchases of $1,500.00 -$4,999.99 and the 24 month plan on purchases of $5,000 or more. Qualifying purchases will automatically be placed on the appropriate promotional plan, however, if you wish to move your purchase to the regular revolving credit plan, please see the first billing statement reflecting your purchase for plan opt-out details.
- No, the IKEA Projekt card can only be applied to IKEA product purchases.
- Yes, you can get pre-qualified for the IKEA Projekt card without applying. Pre-qualification is only a soft inquiry on your credit. If you then choose to apply, that is a hard inquiry. See if you pre-qualify by completing the pre-application form.
- Once approved, you will receive your IKEA Projekt card in the mail in approximately 10 business days. If you apply and are approved in-store you may receive a temporary card to use at that time.
- If you’re already a member of our IKEA Family loyalty program, you can still enjoy all the IKEA Family benefits as well as the IKEA Projekt card benefits. You’ll still need to use your IKEA Family number to qualify for any IKEA Family discounts at checkout. If you’re not an IKEA Family member yet, you’ll be automatically enrolled in this free program when you are approved for an IKEA Projekt credit card. For more information, view the IKEA Family page.
- Call 866-337-5539 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-819-1918) for the IKEA Projekt card customer service line.
- All IKEA products are tested and approved according to current regulations and standards. As a precautionary measure, IKEA has phased out several chemicals that could potentially be harmful, often ahead of legislation.
- As of 2010, all IKEA products have been manufactured without lead.
- Trace amounts of formaldehyde can be found in our products as it is a naturally occurring substance, however we do not add formaldehyde to our range.
- No PFOAs have been added to our products. In our range requirements, we do not allow the addition of these chemicals during our manufacturing process.
- IKEA strives to totally refrain from the use of chemical flame retardants in our products and instead use techniques and materials with flame retardant properties. However, in some countries, chemical flame retardants are needed in specific products in order to pass a local legal requirement. Any products treated with chemical flame retardants meet strict emission requirements. In the US, mattresses and mattress sets have a fiber fire barrier made of rayon/polyester batting that has an inherently fire-resistant property. Flame retardant chemicals (phosphorous-based inorganic salts) are only used for some stitch bond and zippers. In order to legally comply with CPAI-84 flammability requirements currently in place, all IKEA children’s tents are treated with flame retardant. For more details, please visit our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/this-is-ikea/design/safer-life-at-home-pubf563d1a4.
- Yes, IKEA banned BPA (Bisphenol A) in children's products and in food contact products. The phase out was made in 2006 and 2012 respectively.
- IKEA products should be built according to their assembly instructions and used for their intended purposes. We do not recommend altering the structure of the product. Certain unfinished wooden items can be painted or stained for a more customized look.
- At different stages of the development process the products are tested and evaluated to ensure that their construction is safe. The final product is tested carefully to ensure compliance with national legal requirements and our own IKEA demands on safe products. To learn more about how we create safe products, please visit our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/this-is-ikea/design/safer-life-at-home-pubf563d1a4.
- Certain chairs, shelving units, shelves, beds, and children’s product have tested weight limits. Please refer to the product’s web page or assembly instructions for specifications. Products should only be used for their intended use.
- Call us at 1-888-888-4532 or return to your local store with your receipt to have a co-worker check the log for items left behind at the checkout lane. Based on their findings, you may be refunded or given the product when you return to the store. We cannot guarantee that left behind items will be mailed, returned or refunded. A receipt is required to claim left behind merchandise.
- IKEA does not sell products on Amazon or any other third-party sites. Any IKEA product on a third-party site is being sold by an unauthorized reseller of which IKEA has no relationship. Our products are only sold in IKEA stores worldwide and IKEA.com.
- IKEA recycles as much as we can, including composting, compacting cardboard, reusing items, and selling products in our As-Is area. At this time, there is no recycling program for our customers for items such as batteries, products or lightbulbs.
- Discontinued items can be returned to an IKEA store if they fall within the standard return policy. Our full return policy is written on the back of our receipts and can be viewed on our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/returns-claims/.
- You can check your local store’s stock on the product’s page by selecting your store from the drop-down list. When making an online purchase, you’ll be notified if an item is out of stock during the checkout process. We’re not able to reserve or accept payments for out-of-stock items. It’ll be necessary to wait until it’s back in stock to order or purchase at a store.
- We strive to maintain availability of all items. However, due to various circumstances, items can be temporarily out of stock. Our store or phone co-workers may be able to provide re-stocking information if available. Items available at store locations can only be purchased in person at that location. With the exception of picking up a Click & Collect order or local delivery for an in-store purchase, we’re not able to accept online orders for store purchases, nor ship store-to-store.
- If an item is out of stock, check the product page periodically for stock updates or sign up for stock alerts on our website. Possible incoming stock can also be researched by calling us at 1-888-888-4532. Items available at store locations can only be purchased in person at that location. With the exception of picking up a Click and Collect order or local delivery for an in-store purchase, we’re not able to accept online orders for store purchases, nor ship store-to-store.
- We're constantly evaluating our products to keep our range fresh and exciting. Occasionally, this means discontinuing items or redesigning past favorites.
- Items available in another country are not available to be purchased online and shipped to the US by IKEA. We’re also not able to ship merchandise to another country from the US.
- Bulk purchases may be possible if stock permits, please call the IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532 to speak with an IKEA Business co-worker for details. We do not offer discounts on bulk purchases.
- If you’re missing hardware (screws, drawer slides, etc), we can place an order free of charge to be shipped to you, pending availability at our spare parts facility. If the item is missing parts, such as a drawer or top, spare parts are provided at our store’s discretion and fees may apply. To discuss possible resolutions, it would be necessary to visit the store with your receipt. As-Is items are final sale.
- Certain IKEA product are covered under a limited warranty. Warranty claims must be accompanied by a proof of purchase (receipt or order confirmation) and are subject to inspection. IKEA store co-workers will issue the final decision about a warranty claim. To see the list of products covered under warranty, please visit our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/returns-claims/guarantee/.
- The limited warranties do not apply to products that have been stored or assembled incorrectly, used inappropriately, abused, misused, altered, or cleaned with incorrect cleaning methods or incorrect cleaning products. The limited warranties do not cover normal wear and tear, cuts or scratches, or damage caused by impacts or accidents. The limited warranties do not apply if products have been placed outdoors or in a humid environment or if the products have been used for non-domestic purposes (unless otherwise stated). The limited warranties do not cover consequential or incidental damages. To see the list of products covered under warranty, please visit our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/returns-claims/guarantee/ .
- A proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims (receipt or order confirmation). If you no longer have your receipt, we may be able to locate a copy in our system using the last 4 digits of the card used, the store location, an approximate date of purchase, and the exact amount of the transaction (this information can typically be found on a bank statement). If you have this information, please contact he IKEA US Customer Support Center at 1-888-888-4532.
- Current and past recalls can be found on our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/product-support/recalls/. For children’s products including a registration card, you can sign up for safety alerts and recall notifications on our website here: https://info.ikea-usa.com/registration/?_ga=2.76383314.634635953.1614264267-942327820.1591541947 .
- We advise you to discontinue using the recalled product and return it to an IKEA store as soon as possible for a refund.
- IKEA chests and dressers subject to the June 2016 recall were manufactured and sold through June 2016. To determine whether your product is subject to the recall, please view the full list on our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/product-support/recalls/ikea-chest-and-dresser-safety-recall-pub4b96e3c0 .
- If you’re not totally satisfied with your IKEA purchase you can return new and unopened products within 365 days, together with your proof of purchase, for a full refund. You may also return open products within 180 days for a full refund, along with your receipt. We do not accept returns on plants, cut fabric, custom countertops and as-is products. We are unable to refund or exchange your items if your merchandise is found to be modified from its original form when purchased, dirty, stained, or damaged
- Any situation that falls outside of the return policy will be handled on a case-by-case basis and requires a visual inspection of the item at your local store. For the full IKEA Return policy, please visit our website here:https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/returns-claims/.
- For smaller item returns (FedEx or UPS), simply fill out the return slip and send the package(s) back to your closest IKEA store location with the slip and a copy of the receipt or order confirmation included. You will be responsible for covering the shipping fee. Product reimbursement should be received approximately 2 weeks after the item has arrived at the store. *Due to COVID-19, we have suspended pickups for returns by truck. For updates on when these services resume, please monitor our website.
- For smaller item returns (FedEx or UPS can pick up) simply fill out the return slip (pdf) and send the package(s) back to your closest IKEA store location with the slip and a copy of the receipt or order confirmation included. You will be responsible for covering the shipping fee. Product reimbursement should be received approximately 2 weeks after the item has arrived at the store.
- Refunds typically process to the original method of payment within 5-7 business days.
- Hours of operation may vary per store. For the most up-to-date store hours including holiday hours, please select your local store on our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/stores .
- All IKEA store locations provide complimentary manual wheelchairs inside the store entrance. Since the safety of all our customers is a priority, IKEA has chosen not to furnish motorized scooters in our stores. However, customers are welcome to use their own devices at their personal discretion or use one of our manual wheelchairs offered in store (ID required).
- We love pets, but we don't allow them in our stores. We do welcome fully trained, ADA-qualified service animals to shop with you. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
- Some of our stores have special shopping hours for our senior and at-risk shoppers. For more information on special hours at your local store, please visit our website here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/stores .
- While IKEA is not liable for any left behind merchandise, we’ll do our best to help. Please give us a call at 1-888-888-4532 with your receipt details and the 8-digit article numbers of the item(s).
- We recommend returning to the store and speaking with an IKEA co-worker. You can also give us a call at 1-888-888-4532 within 24 hours of your visit so we can attempt to locate the item(s).
- At IKEA, providing a safe environment for our customers and co-workers is our top priority. We have a no-weapons policy in our stores to support safety and security.
- As part of our commitment to sustainability, we encourage our customers to view this year's catalog online at https://info.ikea-usa.com/catalog/. Limited printed copies are also available in store.
- Our stores don't have a recycling program at this time, but we hope to implement this in the future.
- IKEA works with local, national, and global organizations for volunteer and disaster relief efforts. Please submit your donation request here: http://www.surveygizmo.eu/s3/90037145/Community-Involvement-IKEA-USA. If there’s an opportunity to work together, we’ll get in touch with you via email or phone.
- You're able to photograph in our stores, but we ask that you do not film. We also ask that you do not take photos of our co-workers.
- The Planning Studio is part of a new IKEA global city center approach, which marks the beginning of our ongoing transformation and commitment to bringing the brand into the heart of urban areas. It is the latest example of how IKEA is reaching customers in new ways that are more accessible and more personalized. The Planning Studio will focus on urban living and small spaces, giving customers the opportunity to discover, select and order IKEA products.
- There are some differences between the services available in a planning studio and a traditional IKEA store. We offer free one to one planning appointments, delivery, finance, assembly and installation (additional fees apply). For additional details, please click here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/stores/planning-studio-upper-east-side/ .
PRIVACY & SECURITY
- Please check to make sure you're signing into your IKEA.com or IKEA Family account on the IKEA USA website (https://www.ikea.com/us/en/profile/login/). Please also check to see if the email to reset your password was sent to your spam folder.
- IKEA.com accounts are unique per country, so the same email address cannot be used across multiple country websites. We recommend deleting the account registered in a different country and creating a new account on IKEA-USA.com once deleted. Alternatively, you may create an IKEA-USA.com account with a different email address.
- Just by being a member you’ll receive discounts on many products and we even treat you to a free hot drink every time you visit. And lots more. You can also expect a few surprises along the way. Because we know it’s nice to feel appreciated. Join here today.