Salmon and cod balls with mixed grains, yoghurt and Nordic furikake
250 g BÄSTISAR mix of grains
500 g SJÖRAPPORT salmon and cod balls
200 ml yoghurt, Turkish or Greek style
1 head leafy lettuce, red or green, or a mix of both
4 tbsp Nordic furikake, see separate recipe
SMAKRIK rapeseed oil, dill or wild garlic flavour
Step by step:
1. Prepare the salmon and cod balls according to the instructions on the package.
2. Prepare the mix of grains according to instructions on the package.
3. Smear some yoghurt on a plate, add grains, lettuce, salmon and cod balls and top with furikake and rapeseed oil.
Furikake is a Japanese seasoning speciality, commonly used with cooked rice, vegetables and fish. Try this Nordic version!
50 ml whole buckwheat kernels
50 ml chopped almonds
50 ml sesame seeds
50 ml sunflower seeds
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tbsp dried chives
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tbsp chopped nori seaweed
1-2 tsp sea salt flakes
3-4 leaves fresh kale
Step by step:
1. Turn on the oven 140°C.
2. Cut out the stem from the kale leaves. Put the leaves on an oven tray and bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes until it´s crispy and dry.
3. Put a frying pan on medium heat and add in buckwheat kernels, almonds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
4. Toast them until golden-brown. Add thyme and caraway seeds and continue to toast for a minute.
5. Pour the almond and seed mix into a bowl and let it cool down.
6. Add chives, dill, seaweed and crumble down the kale in small pieces as well.
7. Add salt to taste.