Remote Interior Planning Service
An experienced and knowledgeable advisor will help you coordinate your entire room over the phone or using online tools. Receive tailored plans to fit your lifestyle and design ideas to help resolve practical issues and remodelling requirements in the home, or to redesign a new home after moving house. Select from a range of furniture and also home furnishings, including curtains, lighting and picture frames.
JPY 4,900 per room (by appointment only)*
*If you purchase products worth at least JPY 100,000 through this service, the planning fee of JPY 4,900 will be refunded to you in the form of an IKEA gift card.
(Spend JPY 100,000 or more with us within six months from the day you receive the service to qualify for the gift card. Multiple transactions can be added up.)
Available to: IKEA Family members
Join IKEA Family (free) and book your reservation.
※The service is provided only in Japanese.
Changing or cancelling appointments
- If you have a 9-digits booking number on you confirmation mail, cancel your booking by clicking the link in the email.
- If you don’t have a 9-digits booking number on your confirmation mail, contact Customer support center.
Step 1 Prepare the necessary documentation
The Remote Interior Planning Service is conducted over the phone as well as online through screen-sharing technology, email, etc. First, create a floor plan, including dimensions, of the room you would like support with and enter it into "Layout planning sheet".
As well as dimensions such as ceiling height and window size, also check other functional key features, such as where power outlets or air conditioning units are located, or the amount of space required for doors to open into.
Please prepare any photographs of how the room currently looks, including the furniture you already have, or any images of the type of look you are going for. These will be necessary when booking your appointment.
Step 2 Book an appointment
Please book an appointment at least three working days prior to your desired date. It is not possible to book same-day appointments.
Step 3 The day of the appointment
You will be sent an email containing a link to the required screen-sharing tool as soon as your appointment has been confirmed. On the day of the appointment, please log in at least five minutes prior to the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
The advisor will refer to your photographs and floor plans and ask you questions, including about issues you are looking to resolve, and then design a plan for the room arranging furniture on a floor plan on the computer screen. The advisor will suggest specific products that may help you achieve your goals in terms of design and functionality.
Once the appointment is over, the advisor will send you an email containing a product list, a drawing of the room layout, and a mock-up image of how the room may look.
Step 4 Making a purchase
You can make your purchases using a credit card. You can also make purchases via bank transfer or shopping loan.
Booking a Remote Interior Planning Service
- This service is only available for IKEA Family members. Click here to join IKEA Family.
- It is not possible to book same-day appointments.
- Please book at least three working days prior to your desired date.
- Fill in the details of your room into Layout planning sheet. Please prepare photographs of how the room currently looks, and any images that show the type of look you are going for. These will be necessary when booking your appointment
- For cancellations made within 48 hours of the booked appointment date, 100% of the service fee will be retained as a cancellation fee.
- If you do not attend within 30 minutes of the meeting beginning, the appointment will be cancelled.
- Please pay in advance using a credit card.
- The Remote Interior Planning Service is not available for kitchens.
- Please use the Kitchen Planning Service if you are considering purchasing a kitchen.
- The proposed plan will be sent to you by email after the appointment has finished.