IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi
To get your hands on the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi visit IKEA Hyderabad or IKEA Mumbai today!
Now a dream home is within reach of everyone. Introducing the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi. A card that lets you create the home that you always wanted today and pay for it in easy installments. Not just that, the card also packs in a host of other amazing benefits, designed for you. What’s more? You can use this card anywhere and redeem the points at the IKEA store.
To get the IKEA Family credit card by Citi and avail its benefits, become an IKEA Family member here.
Can’t wait to get your hands on the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi? Visit IKEA Hyderabad or IKEA Mumbai today!
*Original KYC documents required as per the RBI guidelines.
**T&Cs apply. Convert your IKEA purchases of INR 15,000 and above into easy EMIs. Choose EMIs at the time of checkout in IKEA, to avail the interest rate of 13% p.a.
1. What is the IKEA FAMILY CREDIT CARD powered by Citi?
IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi is a credit card available to IKEA Family members. The credit card can be used for purchases online and offline. The card enables you to earn reward points on all purchases and accelerated reward points on IKEA. In addition, you can use the card to avail instant EMIs on your IKEA purchases in-store at attractive interest rates.
2. How do I apply for the credit card?
You can apply for the card in an IKEA store/touchpoint. Please locate the Citi Kiosk/Citi executive in the IKEA store, who will assist you to apply for the card. You will need the following documents to apply for the card
: Proof of Identity
: Proof of Address
You can fill the digital application form for instant decisions and credit for usage in-store. If you are in a rush, or not carrying the necessary documents, you may want to fill in a physical application form.
3. How much credit line can I avail on the credit card?
You can avail of a maximum credit line of up to INR 2 lac through the digital application in the store. However, your credit line would be dependent on your credit history, employment profile, salary, other loans, etc. In case you wish to avail a higher credit line, you will be required to submit an income proof, which will be picked up from your address by a Citi representative.
4. How can I use the approved credit limit without a physical credit card?
You can do this in three easy steps-
- Once you receive the approval SMS, set up your login credentials
- Download the Citi Mobile app and login
- Use the pre-login BharatQR option to transact in-store. You may also choose an EMI option after the BharatQR generated for your transaction.
5. Is it compulsory to purchase a product on EMI if I take the credit card?
No, you may or may not avail of an EMI. It is an open-loop card that can be used for all your purchases, in or outside IKEA. All IKEA purchases would have an option to be paid in full or avail of an EMI.
6. Can I convert my existing CITI Bank Card to IKEA Family Credit Card powered by Citi?
Your existing Citi credit card cannot be converted to an IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi. You will need to apply for a new credit card. Citi allows you to keep two Citi credit cards at a time.
7. Do I need to have a prior credit card to be able to apply for the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi? You do not necessarily need to have another credit card before you apply for the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi. However, you will need to have some prior credit repayment history in the form of a credit card, or secured or unsecured loan.
8. Can I apply online?
You can apply for the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi only in IKEA stores. Please reach out to the Citi executive or IKEA co-workers for in-store assistance.
9. Is there a joining or annual fee?
There is no joining or annual fee on the card.
10. What is the other fee chargeable on the card?
While there is no annual maintenance or joining charges associated with the card, the penalties and charges are typically associated with your usage – late repayment, international currency transactions, cash withdrawals, etc.
11. What is the interest rate for EMI that I can avail of?
You can avail EMIs on your purchases in the IKEA store at 13% p.a. when you choose the EMI option at the time of billing and payment itself.
12. What are the minimum and the maximum tenor I can choose?
You can choose tenors from 3 months to 48 months for your EMIs.
13. What is the minimum amount I need to spend to see an EMI option in the BharatQR checkout?
The overall cart value of the purchase must be equal to or greater than Rs. 15,000.
14. How many times can I take an EMI on this card?
There is no limit on the number of EMI transactions that can be made on this card at IKEA. The minimum transaction amount must be Rs. 15000 for each transaction
15. Is there a processing fee on the EMI option? No, the EMI purchases at IKEA via BharatQR on this card would be eligible for a special rate of 13% p.a. with no processing fee.
16. How many reward points do I earn if I convert my purchases into EMI’s?
You will not earn reward points on purchases converted to EMI. Reward points will accrue only on purchases paid for in full using the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi.
17. Can I use the card outside IKEA?
You can use this card for all online and offline transactions outside IKEA as well.
18. Whom do I contact to convert the purchase to EMI?
Please locate a Citi kiosk/Citi executive in the IKEA store to help you convert your purchases to EMI. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code at the checkout counter using the Citi Mobile app to self-select the EMI option. Please ensure that to avail the 13% rate for IKEA purchases, you have to opt for the EMI option prior to the completion of the purchase.
19. How can I spend the reward points earned?
You can redeem reward points earned on your IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi on your purchases at IKEA. Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an SMS with a link to redeem your reward points. Just click on the link and select the number of reward points you’d want to redeem. The redemption will be adjusted against the payment and refunded to your credit card.
20. Do you offer 0% interest on the purchases?
The purchases made at IKEA can be converted into EMI at 13% p.a. However, IKEA may offer no-cost EMI options from time to time. Please connect with IKEA for more information.
21. Do I need to be an IKEA FAMILY member to apply for this Card?
Yes, you need to be an IKEA Family member to apply for the IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi. Your IKEA Family membership must be associated with the same mobile number as you are filling in the application form
22. What if I forgot my IKEA Family membership number?
You can retrieve your membership number through one of the following ways
- SMS to 56767165 with the message GET CARD from registered mobile no. to get the IKEA FAMILY card number.
- A Customer Relationship Centre co-worker can push a digital card via SMS using the co-worker tool when a customer calls - Login into KIOSK & get your card on Print/SMS/EMAIL post-login/OTP Validations
23. How do I pre-close the EMI on IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi?
Please contact Citi Bank Customer Care at https://www.online.citibank.co.in/customerservice/citiphone.htm to pre-close the EMI on the IKEA Family Credit Card
24. In case of returns of IKEA products after converting the purchase converted to EMI on IKEA Family Credit CardThe refunds are processed in the original mode of payment, hence if the payment is made via IKEA Family Credit Card, the refund is processed on the same card. This would also require the customer to inform the bank to discontinue the future EMI’s once the amount refunded is reflecting in the credit card statement.
Section 2: Card Features and Benefits (general)
25. What is a credit card and what are the features and benefits of a credit card?
A credit card is a standalone lending instrument used to provide recurring credit to an individual based on his/her financial credentials. A credit card enables you to purchase instantly and pay later.
Every credit card account is assigned with a credit limit and the card can be utilized to the extent of the approved credit limit. A portion of the credit limit can also be used to withdraw cash. This is 'cash limit'. The assigned credit limit is inclusive of the cash limit. Cash withdrawal from your credit card is subject to the applicability of interest charges and cash withdrawal fees.
The following are some of the benefits in using a credit card
- Enables convenience, easy mobility, and cash-less transaction
- Enables online transactions
- Establishes credit worthiness
- Provides interest free credit period
- Option to avail revolving payment facility
26. Can a Citibank credit card be used within India and overseas?
Citibank offers both 'International' credit card and 'Domestic only' credit cards to meet your spend requirements. However, IKEA Family Credit Card is by default an international credit card.
'International' credit cards can be used in India and abroad. It is, however, not valid for making foreign currency transactions in Nepal and Bhutan. 'International' credit cards are available across our product range.
Citi recommends that you register your card for international usage in select geographies one week prior to your travel. This would ensure that the possibility of any financial misuse on your card due to international usage is minimized.
To register your card for international usage, you can call our our Citiphone helpline or update in the Citi mobile app.
27. What is the validity period of a Citibank credit card?
Citibank credit cards will be initially valid for a period of 3 years or for such period as decided by the bank. The existing card will be renewed automatically a month prior to the actual expiry of the existing Card. The same is applicable for renewal of add-on cards.
For example, if your card is due to expire on April 30, 2015 the renewed card will be dispatched around the second week of April. If the old card is valid through 04/15, then the renewal card will be valid from 05/15.
On expiry, the existing card plastic will not be valid for usage. The renewed card will have the same card number; however, the CVV will differ. For security purpose, you should destroy the expired card plastic.
28. What are the current offers available on Citibank credit cards?
The current offers can be viewed on this link :
29. What is an EMV card (Chip & PIN card)?
EMV (Europay Master Visa) is a chip credit card with a microchip embedded in it. When a chip credit card is used at a chip enabled terminal at a merchant outlet or at an ATM, the payment system reads information from the card chip to establish the card details. An EMV Chip & PIN Card mandates the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to authorize purchase transactions.
The chip offers a more secure payment mechanism compared to the traditional magnetic stripe, and reduces the probability of card cloning or skimming, i.e., copying of personal data from the information stored on the card.
Section 3: Credit Limit
30. How can I reduce the credit limit?
The credit limit of your card account can be reduced to the minimum credit limit applicable for the card. However, credit limit enhancement in future will be subject to eligibility at the time of credit enhancement request.
To decrease the credit limit of your credit card, kindly contact our 24*7 CitiPhone banking services. You can also write to us though the 'Your Queries' option in Citibank online by logging into your account.
31. What is the eligibility to avail credit limit enhancement?
The eligibility for credit limit enhancement is dependent on various credit parameters and card performance. For limit enhancement on your credit card, you can upload the required documents mentioning your Citibank Credit card number through Citibank Online. Your request for credit limit enhancement will be reviewed on receipt of the documents.
You can submit the required documents through any of the following channels
- Handover the income proof to the Citibank employees in-store.
- Online: Please click here to upload the documents online.
- You can send a copy of self-attested documents from your registered email ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can mail the documents to Citibank N.A. Mail Room, ACROPOLIS, 9th Floor, New Door No.148 (Old No.68), Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai - 600004
Your request for credit limit enhancement will be reviewed on receipt of these documents.
32. What are the documents required for credit limit enhancement?
To apply for credit limit enhancement, please upload a copy of any one of the documents mentioned below:
- Latest Individual Income Tax Return along with the computation of income (or) Latest 2 months' pay slip or Salary Certificate (or)
- Form 16 (duly attested and sealed by authorized signatory with the name and designation of the same mentioned)
Please mention your Citi Credit card number for which credit limit increase is required, while submitting the above documents.
33. What is the Cash limit?
A part of the credit limit assigned to your card account can be used to withdraw cash. This is 'cash limit'. The assigned credit limit has cash limit included in it. Cash withdrawal from your credit card is subject to applicability of interest charges and cash withdrawal fee.
To view the cash limit - Go to 'View account summary' in your Citibank Online home page - > Choose Credit Cards - > Choose the particular card -> 'Cash Limit' is mentioned in the summary of the card.
Other Citi Credit Card related queries can be read on: https://www.online.citibank.co.in/customerservice/cs-faq.htm