#IKEAHomeStories - Episode 2
Make your small space about healthy living
Santosh and his family have lived in Hyderabad, a city they’ve called home for over 6 years now. He shares his room with his sister and was looking to refresh their room to cater to both their needs.
I am very happy to see my room. I never expected our room would be like this. Have no words to express how I feel right now.”
Santosh is a chef, and his younger sister is pursuing a degree in college. He uses the room to watch movies, relax and socialise, while she is more focused on studying. Over the years, their room has evolved into a place with different stations for their various activities, and additionally their parents use the room for storage as well.
Our first solution was to organise the room, to make space for their various activities and keep it clutter free. The TJENA boxes help store different kinds of items and essentials, while the transparent SAMLA boxes help Santosh keep a track of his clothes, without having to go through the entire pile. Compartmentalisation is key!
Keeping their interests in mind, we have designed and added solutions to give each their own space, without disturbing the other in any way. “There are days when I have to study for my exam and pull off an all-nighter and he gets disturbed because I have to keep the lights on. The NÄVLINGE lamp will now help us do our own work, without coming in each other’s way. That should definitely reduce our fights!”, laughs Ashwini.
We have added a day-bed, that can be converted into a sofa when Santosh’s friends are over and can be pulled out to transform into a bed for a good night’s sleep. To ensure that he has access to everything he needs right by his side, the RÅSKOG trolley acts as the perfect bedside table.
To calm the morning rush, we’ve installed the multi-purpose TRONES cabinet and NISSEDAL mirror. “I can store all my laundry in neat compartments instead of them getting all mixed up. With this, I don’t have to hunt for socks or other essentials when there is a separate compartment for them now. Also, I love how the mirror is placed because I can get a quick look before stepping out!” says Santosh.
Watch Episode 2
Wish to be a part of the next episode of #IKEAHomeStories?
Did our latest episode of #IKEAHomeStories leave you with happy tears? Loved all the solutions that were a part of this journey? Then, this one’s for you!
If you are an IKEA Family member, register now for a chance to be featured in the next #IKEAHomeStories episode. Let our designers help make your every day brighter, with home furnishing expertise and a range of solutions.
Hurry! Registrations close on 28th September 2020.
Ikea India Private Limited (“IKEA”) is a private limited company incorporated in India with a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. To accomplish this vision, we at IKEA reach out to the many people through multiple channels to demonstrate and showcase our products and range and their effective utilization in the homes of the many people. The “IKEA Home Stories” is one such campaign that allows IKEA to reach out to its prospective consumer and showcase the products and IKEA range.
1.IKEA Home Stories:
The IKEA Home stories is a house/room makeover concept, wherein the eligible participants based on the eligibility criteria as defined below, may be selected, at the sole discretion of IKEA for the chance to win a House/Room makeover free of charge. Intending participants are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria and submit the application along with the requisite additional information, if any, sought by IKEA.
2. Eligibility and Entry:
- Entry into the Contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- IKEA shall have the right, at its sole discretion, and at any time, to cancel/amend/ change/ modify these terms and conditions and/or Contest/makeover, without notice, and such change shall be effective immediately.
- Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Bangalore, India.
- IKEA reserves the right to take any relevant legal action on any of the participants.
- All participants must be “IKEA Family Members” to submit their entries to enter this Contest.
- Participants who fill in the requisite form and submit the application with all the relevant details shall be eligible to be a participant in the Contest.
- The privileges/rights and obligations of the winning participant cannot be transferred/assigned/sold to any other person/entity.
- IKEA reserves the right to select the winning participant at its sole discretion.
- All decisions around the makeover including but not limited to the choice of products, which room is selected, costs, etc shall rest solely with IKEA.
- Participants are allowed a window of 2 weeks from 15th September 2020 to submit their entries. (“Participation Period”)
- No entries shall be entertained after the Participation Period.
- Only the winning participant shall be approached by IKEA. Participants are requested to note that no regret emails shall be sent to the non-winning participants.
- Participants including the winning participant shall maintain confidentiality and refrain from showcasing their entries/videos anywhere else including social media.
- The winning participant must consent to have representatives of IKEA enter their home to do the work, shoot and finally publish this material on social media and enter into an agreement for the same as shared by IKEA.
- The winning participant shall be in touch with a designated IKEA point of contact as will be mentioned in the agreement.
- Winning Participants will be required to adhere to the timelines as stipulated by IKEA, including but not limited to time for any discussions, planning, revert required, assembly, installation, working, shoot etc.
- Winning participant shall not be allowed to replace/ exchange any products which shall be used in the makeover. Winning participant shall execute an agreement with IKEA immediately upon selection as the winner of the Contest and shall abide with all the terms and conditions of the said agreement during the course of the said makeover and thereafter.
- If the winning participant does not sign the agreement within a period of 7 working days from the date of receipt of communication from IKEA, then IKEA reserves the right to cancel the selected participants registration and choose another winning participant.
- IKEA does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any participant/winning participant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest.
- By entering the Contest, participant/winning participant agrees that no claim relating to any losses or injuries (including financial, mental, physical, emotional, special, indirect, and consequential losses) shall be asserted against IKEA, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind resulting from the Contest, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.