1. INSTANT PARTY MOOD. Dial up the fun by handing out a map of the party’s activities with each welcome drink, creating less people-clustering and more exploring. Maximise serving space by turning a dresser into a refreshments table, and use the drawers to collect gifts and flowers.
2. MUSIC … THAT WAY! We all know how lost you can feel at a gathering with lots of people. Use all the available space by taping graphic arrows to the floor, pointing revellers in the right direction to have a drink, a bite to eat, then to boogie the night away.
3. EVERYONE IS A DJ. Let your guests play DJ instead of hiring a pricey pro. Create your own DJ booth using the plastic glass from a frame decorated with acrylic paint and hung from a clothing rack using hooks and string. The only other thing you need is a smartphone or tablet connected to a speaker!
4. PHOTO BOOTH. Stick colourful tissue paper to the wall or a board as a backdrop. Use whole sheets or cut them up for a more feathered look. Cool disguises such as googly eye glasses encourage funny selfies. Make sharing snaps on social media easy by putting a hashtag in a frame on the wall.
5. TIDY UP TOGETHER. Disposable paper plates and cups means no washing up, but they can also create extra mess. Make recycling part of the festivities by providing a wacky sorting station! Use bins with adhesive labels for different types of waste. Recycling is not so boring after all.
6. QUOTES FOR A LIFETIME. What did you dream about when you were younger? Put out a “dream guest book” with blank pages for partygoers to sign and write their stories on! It will give you lots of fodder to use as advice when life goes awry, or just some fun memories of the big day!
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.