Tamar’s tasty granola recipe
Makes six servings
90g brown sugar
177ml maple syrup
118ml olive oil
315g rolled oats
95g pumpkin seeds
105g sunflower seeds
70g flaked almonds
125g pecans (I crumble them a little)
75g coconut chips (also crumbled a little)
1 tsp coarse salt
1. Heat the oven to 150ºC. Mix together the sugar, syrup and olive oil and set aside. 2. In a big bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the coarse salt and mix again.
5. Pour the mixture on to a large, rimmed baking sheet and flatten.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven every 15 minutes to turn.
‘Morning is a time I treasure. I enjoy the process of making breakfast and eating it outdoors – it sets me up for a good day’
Tamar, jewellery designer, US