1. OUT WITH THE WINTER Replace your wall motifs with a touch of the tropics by framing posters of leaves and exotic birds. Mix up your sofa cushions with new seasonal hues that match spring blossoms, and bring a lighter texture to the sofa.
2. CHANGE YOUR VIEW Move your sofa to get a new view, and switch your curtains to sheer ones that let in the light. For some lush impact, collect all your plants by the window and add some tropical plants in the mix. We painted the saucers of the plant pots to go with our spring colour scheme.
3. BRING IN ROUNDED SHAPES This spring we’re seeing rounded shapes in everything. Let this trend shine through in rugs and pouffes to vases and even lamps! Adding just a few round elements as an accent can soften a room.
4. SET UP A SPRING STILL LIFE Use vases, domes and plates in the season’s colours to inject some life into your decorative displays. Why not add some freshly picked leaves or blossoms into the picture? Watch this video to learn about the secrets of decorating with flowers.
5. CREATE IMPACT WITH COLOUR Spring can be an opportunity to make a more permanent update like swapping the doors of your storage. We went for a sophisticated blue front that creates impact far beyond the season - a big change that’s well worth the investment.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.