1. KEEP IT CLEAR Choose transparent storage for items you don’t mind having on show. In Annika’s pottery studio, she uses glass jars for her brushes and other tools. A row of hooks helps keep messy aprons looking tidy.
3. MAKE A DESK TO SUIT YOUR SPACE If you need a desk that takes up minimal space, try using a shelf instead. Annika’s daughter Johanna (20) doesn’t work at her desk every day, so it made sense to choose this hack to utilise the awkward area under the eaves in her room.
4. DOUBLE YOUR SHELF SPACE Make your shelves work harder for you by using the space below them, too. Simply add hooks underneath for double the storage.
5. ADD HANGING BATHROOM STORAGE Organised storage doesn’t mean everything has to be stashed away in cupboards. Annika uses hooks to hang everyday items of all shapes and sizes in the bathroom – that way, everything is easy to reach during the morning rush.
6. MAKE ROOM FOR LAUNDRY Give your laundry room to breathe – swap cascading piles of clothes for easy-to-use storage and plenty of hanging space
‘Being organised isn’t about having strict rules – it actually makes our home a more relaxing place to be, because we make better use of the space and can enjoy all the rooms without being surrounded by clutter,’ says Annika.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior stylist: Johanna Flyckt Gashi
Photographer: Michael Sinclair