Online and in-store planning services
If you're struggling with the layout of your kitchen, or feel the need to liberate your living space, with some inspiration and plenty of expertise, our home furnishing experts can help you plan your interiors with a remote or in-store planning appointment.
Design your perfect kitchen, living room storage, wardrobe or sofa with our specialists, at a time that suits you. We’ll schedule a consultation where we’ll discuss your needs, priorities and requirements and explore styles, materials and finishes to help you achieve your interior's goals. We’ll set you up with a solid plan and a shopping list quickly and easily. Or we’ll review the plan you made. To start on your own, try our online planners.
How IKEA planning and consultation service works
- Get inspired by spending time browsing our rooms, and playing with all our free online planning tools. Take notes on which styles, colours, products and ideas you like so it’s easier for us to understand what designs and looks you prefer.
- Choose a need. Do you want help with a space or whole room? A particular furniture system? For your home or business? Browse the furnishing areas below to find the planning service you need.
- Book an appointment using the related link below.
- Measure and list. We’ll need details about the space or room. Record measurements of height, width and depth as well as positions/dimensions of electrical outlets, doors, windows, etc. Make a list of your needs.
- Bring your measurements, list of needs and style notes to the appointment. A drawing or photo of the space is useful, too. We’ll discuss layouts and solutions to create a plan and a shopping list.
- Take time to assess the plan and next steps. Do you need to make changes? Start over? Buy now? When you’re ready, visit us online or in-store to order.
What do you want to plan or improve?
Get personalised help with our interior design services from €25
Wish you lived in a space designed by IKEA? With our interior design services, you can!
Interior design advice
We can help you solve a smaller problem (taming cables, arranging furniture, choosing colours/materials, tailoring lighting).
Home interior design service
We can help you design a complete interior for your home (an organised family bathroom, a cottage-style bedroom)
Business interior design service
Get help designing your business interior, whether it be a store with a strong retail brand, stylish and comfortable student accommodation or a flexible office space.
Frequently asked questions
You can book an online appointment above with one of our experts. To book an online appointment you will need internet access, a desktop, tablet or mobile device.
In-home planning service is not available. You can only book an in-store or online planning service appointment.
Measure and list. We’ll need details about the space or room. Record measurements of height, width and depth as well as positions/dimensions of electrical outlets, doors, windows, etc. Make a list of your needs. Bring your measurements, list of needs and style notes to the appointment. A drawing or photo of the space is useful, too.