IKEA delivery service buys you time and energy to do what you want – like sing in the rain instead of drive in it. Whether you order cups online or a sofa in-store, you get the same affordable prices because there’s no hidden cost of “free” delivery.
Delivery comes via parcel starting at €10 or truck from €50. We’ll tell you which kind fits your order. Or save money with Click & Collect by ordering online and collecting at an IKEA store or a local collection point for €2.95.
Delivery options and pricing
How quickly you can receive your purchase depends on order size, delivery location, delivery demand and product availability. During online check-out or while booking at an IKEA store, you’ll get available delivery options, estimated lead time and exact prices. Then you can decide what suits you and your wallet.
Parcel to address delivery, from €10
Ideal for smaller orders of decoration and accessories like picture frames, hangers and textiles. You will be able to choose your delivery date in the checkout. Orders can only be delivered to the ground floor of flat or apartment blocks.
- Small parcel delivery- €10
- Medium parcel delivery - €15
- Large parcel delivery - €19
Minimum parcel delivery lead time is 5 days.
Parcel deliveries are fulfilled by DPD Monday - Friday.
Large delivery options, from €50
Ideal for larger furniture deliveries that can’t be left curbside like beds, wardrobes or appliances. You choose a date and your order will be delivered contact-free to either your doorstep or a selected room of your choice. Our drivers will contact you 1 hour prior to the delivery.
- Selected day Delivery – €50 - €75*
*Delivered within 4 - 30 days.
How IKEA delivery service works
- Shop online or in-store. Go for your dreams and don’t worry about transport. We’ll take care of it.
- Book delivery. Buying online? Get options during check-out. In a store? Visit the customer service area.
- Relax, have a coffee (or three) and live life while we process your purchase.
- You’ll be notified by us or the delivery provider when your order is on its way. Or you’ll get a tracking number.
- Be present to sign for your delivery, if needed. Or check by your curb/main entry for your order.
- Examine packages for correctness and condition. Issues? Inform the delivery driver and/or contact us.
- You can track a parcel delivery here or use the link provided in your order confirmation email.
- For truck deliveries, tell us about any considerations like parking, time or weight restrictions.
- Be sure your delivery will fit in all doorways, halls, stairs or lifts in your home and building. For dimensions, look under “Package details” on individual product pages.
- For deliveries to a block of flats, verify that packages can be received or left at the main entry.
- Live potted plants and food/beverage products are in-store purchases only and cannot be delivered. Sometimes, seasonal items and special collections aren’t eligible for delivery.
- You can often pair IKEA delivery service with assembly service for even more convenience.
Frequently asked questions
You can track a parcel delivery here or use the link provided in your order confirmation email. Your expected delivery date will be provided in your order confirmation, our aim is to keep you informed wherever possible of any delays.
For parcel deliveries, you will be notified of your predicted 1 hour delivery window.
Smaller deliveries: DPD will provide you with plenty of options the day before your delivery is due. You can change your delivery date, arrange to leave your parcel somewhere safe at the delivery address, deliver it to your neighbour, drop it off at your local shop, or come to the depot to pick it up.
Larger deliveries: the delivery date provided is the earliest we can deliver to you. However, if this is unsuitable we may be able to deliver at a later date, depending on your order status.
You can simply change your delivery date here. All you’ll need is your order number and email address. However, once the order begins to progress in our system we may not be able to change your delivery date as requested. In this case, please contact us.
For in-store deliveries, your local store may be able to offer you same day delivery, depending on stock availability and where you live.
If you are ordering online, Parcel deliveries have a minimum lead time of 5 days.
The estimated delivery date is the earliest date we can deliver to you as the goods are dispatched from one of our central distribution centres.
Orders placed in-store
For deliveries booked in-store at the home delivery desk, you will receive a text message* the day before your delivery is due with a link to track your order on its way to you. You will receive a further text message on the day of delivery informing you when the driver is approximately one hour away or a one-hour pre-call on the telephone number provided.
*If you provided a mobile number during booking.
Orders placed online
Please check your order confirmation email to confirm the type of delivery you are having. If your order has been split, you will receive two separate deliveries.
Parcel deliveries: One day before your delivery is due, you will receive a text message (or email if you did not provide a mobile number) from DPD. This will give you some options if you will not be home on the planned delivery date, for example, deliver to a neighbour or your local DPD pick-up point for collection. On the morning of your delivery date, you will receive a tracking number and be provided with a one-hour timeslot.
Larger deliveries: If you provided a mobile number during checkout, you will receive the following text messages from IKEA:
- 24 hours prior to your delivery, we will text you with your AM or PM 4-hour time slot.
- On the day we will text you with your personal tracking link, or you can follow your order here.
- 1 hour before your delivery, you will receive a message to advise we are almost with you.
If you have not provided a mobile number, we will instead email you 24 hours prior to your delivery with your AM or PM 4 hour time slot. We will call you on the telephone number provided one hour before your delivery is due.
To ensure the smooth delivery of your order, there are a few points we need to know about your address:
- Will there be time to unload/load?
- Do you live on a red route?
- Are there any height, width or weight restrictions?
- Are there any parking restrictions?
- Will the vehicle require a parking permit?
- Are there any time restrictions?
Don't worry; we will always find a way, but to ensure delivery first time please let us know of any delivery restrictions in your area in plenty of time. If you think we may have difficulty accessing your property, please contact us.