With IKEA assembly service, you decide how to spend your time. Because some days, assembling furniture is fun and fulfilling. Other days, not so much. Our professional, convenient service lets you get life sorted instead of sorting screws.
Our assembly service starts at €35 plus 25% of the full retail purchase price. It's simple to book, just speak to a co-worker while you’re shopping in-store. A trusted professional will do the assembling so that you can focus on your to-do list. Of course, you can always decide to do it yourself since all IKEA products are designed for easy assembly, which saves money, too.
IKEA Assembly service
The service includes a free 1-year guarantee on workmanship.
Our independent assembly partners will charge you a standard basic charge of €35 plus 25% of the full retail purchase price*.
To book this service, talk to one of our co-workers in-store.
*Please note that products purchased in a sale or with special reductions (e.g. Circular hub / Bargain corner) will be calculated on the full retail price.
How it works
- Purchase your desired IKEA items in-store, and talk to one of our co-workers to book assembly for your selected items at a date and time that works for you. You will be charged in the IKEA store and the date and time will be confirmed separately by the assembly provider.
- Get your items home yourself or via delivery.
- A skilled assembler will come to your home or office to assemble your purchase at the selected time.
- Save documents and spare parts (just in case). Enjoy your furniture and your 1-year workmanship guarantee.
- We can put together any IKEA furniture and accessories that require assembly or fixing to become functional. A sit/stand desk? Yes. A small desk organiser? No.
- The service includes professional assembly according to instructions and installation of any tip-over restraints for safety purposes. As far as technically possible, wall and ceiling installations are carried out at the customer’s request and risk.
- Assembly service excludes electrical and plumbing. IKEA can still help with kitchen installation, scroll down to learn more.
- Leave your to-be-assembled products in the original packaging. Place the packages where you want each finished item to be.
- Pair assembly service with IKEA delivery service for even more convenience.
- If you’re bringing your products home yourself, the assembly service price does not include travel costs for the service providers.
- Want or need instructions? Find the product on IKEA.com. On the product’s individual page, look under “Assembly & Documents.”
Frequently asked questions
Assembly is carried out by local professionals in your area.
An IKEA Co-worker in-store will prepare a quote for the assembly of your IKEA products. Payment must be made within the store on the date of the quotation. Please note, this service is not currently bookable online.
Flat-pack assembly for most IKEA products. A co-worker in-store can advise which products are included. Please note an additional fee may apply to mount your IKEA products to the wall, this fee is payable directly to the assembly provider.
You can book this service in-store by talking to one of our co-workers.
At the moment we are offering assembly only in the Dublin area, please contact a member of staff for more details.