How to save energy and make your home warmer
It's that time of year when we are thinking a lot about insulating our home, energy efficiency and energy saving. We've assembled several pieces of advice which are easy to follow and affordable to implement so making your home warmer on a budget will be a quick and enjoyable fix.
Mind the tap - save water with our new mixer tap nozzle
This ergonomically designed nozzle helps you cut down on water while you wash. Choose mist mode to save up to 95% water or spray mode to save 66% when compared to standard wash basin taps. The nozzle fits most standard bathroom wash-basin mixer taps.
Power is in your hands
Follow these quick tips to save on your energy bills and live more sustainably:
- Close your curtains at night to retain heat
- Re-arrange furniture to block draughts
- Swap your bath for a shower
- Consider motion sensors or timers to try to avoid lights left on unnecessarily
- Check with your electricity and gas provider to see if they offer cheaper rates during off-peak hours (usually from 10pm - 7am and weekends). Run the dishwasher or clothes washer during off-peak hours to save on energy costs.
- You can dry dishes faster while using less energy? Check to see if your dishwasher has the “Auto open” function which opens the dishwasher door during the drying phase at the end of the washing program.
Can lining curtains line your pockets? Yes! By swapping our curtains for heavier ones with the GLANSNÄVA curtain liner we can feel a real difference in our draughty rooms and have saved in energy bills.”
Becky and JohnLive LAGOM community, IKEA Bristol
Want to cut down on cooking costs? I cook three times a week, store the spare food in my new IKEA 365+ food containers and take the leftovers for lunch. I’ve finally saved enough to pay off my overdraft!”
AnnaLive LAGOM community, Manchester