Get tips and ideas on saving energy and saving money
Do you want real life tips for saving energy and money? Here we share the best energy saving tips and ideas from people just like you. People who want to save both energy and money. And there is no better time to start than today.
Power is in your hands
Follow these quick tips to save on your energy bills and live more sustainably:
- Close your curtains at night to retain heat
- Re-arrange furniture to block draughts
- Swap your bath for a shower
- Consider motion sensors or timers to try to avoid lights left on unnecessarily
- Check with your electricity and gas provider to see if they offer cheaper rates during off-peak hours (usually from 10pm - 7am and weekends). Run the dishwasher or clothes washer during off-peak hours to save on energy costs.
- You can dry dishes faster while using less energy? Check to see if your dishwasher has the “Auto open” function which opens the dishwasher door during the drying phase at the end of the washing program.
Can lining curtains line your pockets? Yes! By swapping our curtains for heavier ones with the GLANSNÄVA curtain liner we can feel a real difference in our draughty rooms and have saved in energy bills.”
Becky and JohnLive LAGOM community, IKEA Bristol
Want to cut down on cooking costs? I cook three times a week, store the spare food in my new IKEA 365+ food containers and take the leftovers for lunch. I’ve finally saved enough to pay off my overdraft!”
AnnaLive LAGOM community, Manchester
Here’s what we do at IKEA
Change begins with yourself. Did you know that we at IKEA are doing our bit to save energy? For instance, we have lowered the temperature in our stores and at night we turn off the lighting – both indoors and outdoors.