Why work with us? Because a job with us is so much more than a job.
Come work with us and you’ll be part of a team that values you for who you are. A huge, welcoming team working to make a positive impact on millions of people around the world. And where we all grow together.
What’s it like being an IKEA co-worker?
The IKEA family of co-workers currently numbers over 200,000. When asked what they value most, they usually say the IKEA culture and the friendly workplace that it offers. And being part of a team that’s doing good things together.
Our shared values and culture is a large part of what makes IKEA unique, both as a brand and a workplace. Visit any IKEA unit anywhere in the world and you’ll find co-workers putting their shared IKEA values into practice.
We’re all-in on equality, diversity and inclusion
For us it’s a no-brainer. A diverse, inclusive and gender-equal workplace is a better workplace. We now have a 50/50 gender balance in our management positions and are working towards making this a reality throughout our business by 2022.
Making a positive impact
Make millions of people look forward to coming home
We believe that everyone has the right to a beautiful home that makes their lives easier. And that good design is for everyone, not just the rich. So, when you work with us, you’re actually working for all kinds of people all over the world.
Working with us has its rewards
We believe in people. Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day – Our co-workers are what makes IKEA great. We want to make sure you feel welcomed and valued and have the opportunity to develop your potential. Because when our co-workers grow so does IKEA.Caring for People and Diversity & Inclusion is embedded in our vision and in our values therefore we want to make sure you have a variety of benefits to suit yours and your family's needs.
My Health and Wellbeing
- Medical & Dental Insurance - Dependent on your benefit level and location you may be eligible for medical insurance.
- Healthy Eating - IKEA provides free fruit, free salad bar, and free healthy hot main meal choice every day as well as access to the subsidised co-worker canteen.
- Wellbeing Services (Retail Trust) - Your support network at work and home. Confidential assistance available 24 hours a day.
- Wellbeing Hub – with access to digital exercise classes, recipes from Hello Fresh, meditation sessions as well as support with financial wellbeing.
- End of year gift – As a thank you in December every co-worker receives a gift!
- 15% Co-worker Discount – Available both online and instore.
- I-Benefits – A discount portal helping you save £100’s on Highstreet retailers.
- Given Day - An additional days holiday during the Christmas period to spend with friends and family
- Season Ticket Transport Loan - We care about the planet and encourage sustainable commuting to our stores with a 15% subsidised transport loan of your annual transport fare.
- Cycle to Work - A Government approved salary sacrifice initiative allowing you to enter into a hire arrangement to obtain a bike and accessories from your employer for cycling to work.
- Tertials – 3 social events each year to spend time outside of work getting to know your co-workers.Interest Free Loans
- Fertility Leave - IKEA recognises the impact fertility treatment can have on co-workers and their families and wants to support in this time by providing 3 paid leave days for treatment or recuperation.
- Marriage/ Civil Partnership Day off - First of all congratulations! To help with the celebrations IKEA will give you an extra day’s paid leave.
- Family friendly polices - At IKEA, we’re happy to do our part in making childcare experience as easy as possible. How? By offering you enhanced statutory benefits for maternity, paternity, shared and adoption leave.
- Career Break - opportunity to take time out of the business for several reasons. This may be to care for your children, for an elderly, sick or disabled relative or enable self-development such as travelling, further education or vocational training. You can take from 3 months to 2 years off.
- First Day of School Leave - Starting school is an important milestone for both you and your family therefore IKEA will give you one day's paid leave.
- Permanent Health Insurance - For benefit level 2+ co-worker, IKEA will pay up to 75% of your salary if you are absent from work.
- One IKEA Bonus - At IKEA we believe that each of us contributes to reaching (and exceeding!) our goals. Everything we achieve, we achieve together. One IKEA Bonus is based on rewarding everyone in our unit when we meet or exceed specific business goals.
- TACK – Swedish for “Thank you” is a program that contributes to your retirement savings after you have completed 5 years of service.
- Life Assurance - IKEA helps you make provision for your beneficiaries in the event of your death whilst in employment at IKEA. From day one of your employment with IKEA you are covered by life assurance – up to 3x your contractual base salary.
- Retirement – We acknowledge that retirement is a matter of choice for co-workers and IKEA want them to decide when they wish to retire, and you even retain our favourite benefits including the end of year gift and the 15% discount!
We’re looking for people who think a lamp should play music
Rules are made to be broken, right? After all, we didn’t get where we are today by following the crowd. We believe in the power of a good idea, especially an unexpected one, which is why we make musical lamps, beds disguised as sofas and sleep aids that look suspiciously like blackout blinds.
The future is an upgraded version of today
We believe that tomorrow can always be better and that we can all play our part in improving things. All it takes is an open and curious mind and some elbow grease. We don’t know exactly where we’re going to end up, but we’re looking forward to the journey. And in a world where most things remain undone, our choices are endless.
Want to help millions of people create better lives at home?
Now more than ever, home is the most important place in the world. And we’re always looking for people who share our desire to make that place a little safer, more comfortable and more beautiful. So why not join us in improving the many people’s lives around the world?