Building good relationships
That’s why IWAY, the IKEA supplier code of conduct, was launched in 2000. IKEA suppliers are responsible for communicating IWAY to their sub-suppliers, and IKEA is supporting them in doing this. All suppliers must comply with IWAY requirements, otherwise they are phased out.
What is the IWAY standard?
The IKEA supplier code of conduct, the IWAY Standard, plays an important role in positive developments. It specifies minimum requirements relating to the environment, social impact and working conditions.
Suppliers are also required to perform audits of their own suppliers.
- Prevention of child labour and support for young workers
- Protection against forced or bonded labour
- Right to non-discrimination
- Right to freedom of association
- At least minimum wages and overtime compensation
- A safe and healthy work environment, preventing pollution to air, ground and water and work to reduce energy consumption.