• New BBC documentary explores the fascinating world of IKEA
• Never-before-seen insight in to the making of the global innovator
• Three-part series begins 9pm, 6th February on BBC 2
February 2018: In a three-part documentary series, IKEA opens its doors to the public with never-before-seen insights in to what it takes to create a beloved, international brand and what is the secret to its success.
For the first time in the company’s 70-year history, IKEA gives film cameras exclusive access to stores, warehouses, test-labs and design-studios – allowing viewers to learn the formula behind the brand’s cultural and commercial success: its unique understanding of life at home.
- Product development: following the journey of new products, from the development headquarters in Älmhult, Sweden; through prototyping, testing, manufacturing and approval.
- Creating the iconic catalogue: exploring how IKEA’s catalogue is created – where thousands of products are photographed in extraordinary detail in Europe’s largest photographic studio.
- Expanding to new markets: following IKEA’s massive global expansion programme into India – a country that hasn’t yet been touched by the Swedish flat-pack revolution.