1. Set your counter space free. Add hanging rails to hold utensils, dry dishes and more. Make the most of your ceiling height with a wall rail above the oven, placing frequently-used items within easy reach.
2. Improve your recycling and cleaning routines. Maximise your cabinet storage and separate your recycling with easy-to-empty bins on rails. A shelf insert doubles storage space. Use the door for storing cleaning stuff and odds and ends like old light bulbs until you’re ready to recycle them.
3. Let there be light! Want easy task lighting without rewiring? Simply attach spotlights under the kitchen cabinet with adhesive tape. Hide cables with trunking – just peel and glue.
4. Multiply your kitchen storage. Add open cabinets on a side wall where you can keep your favourite cookbooks and food containers. A movable trolley is your ticket for additional worktop space – and extra storage!
5. Add some glam. Photos and tone-on-tone serveware can create a minimalistic look with graphics that won’t overwhelm the room. A glass-door cabinet above the table creates display space and keeps meal-time essentials within reach, so you don’t have to keep getting up.
6. Refresh your dining table. Some simple tricks will give yours new life. The easiest, totally-mess free option is a new tablecloth. Swapping out chair sets with different mismatched ones is another easy style fix.
What we used: For this kitchen we focused on function and style. In terms of function, we’re talking wall rails that free up work space, smarter recycling options and extra storage. In terms of style, we went for a monochromatic look with more decorative stuff such as metre fabric, different frames, posters and chairs. Check out the products products we used!
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.