Ingredients for veggie wraps (makes 4)
40 pcs (640g) of GRÖNSAKSBULLAR veggie balls, 4 finely sliced spring onions, a few sprigs of roughly chopped mint, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, juice of ½ lemon or lime, salt and pepper, 2 avocados, 4 sheets of BRÖD TUNNBRÖD soft thin bread, 4 tbsp hummus
1. Oven roast or pan fry the veggie balls following the instructions on the package.
2. When cooked, set to one side and leave to cool slightly.
3. In a bowl, mix the spring onions, mint, olive oil, lemon or lime and seasoning.
4. To make one wrap, mash half an avocado on to one bread sheet with a fork, then add a spoonful of hummus.
5. Tear up a few veggie balls, place them on the bread and add some spring-onion garnish.
6. Roll the bread up tightly around the filling. Wrap it up in parchment paper, and tie a string around the middle to keep it secure and add a nice detail.
It’s a wrap! what mona thought
‘I like them! I always make wraps for family and friends because they’re easy – you can put out all of the ingredients so everyone can help themselves and make their wrap to their own taste. I love the interaction of build-your-own food. You eat slowly and talk more so it’s a great meal for catching up. Preparing the veggie balls was easy and I like the fact that they are vegan too. The taste was good, it’s great to have a vegetarian dinner option that we all enjoyed.’
‘We’ll definitely try these again. They were easy to make, tasty and saved us time cooking – they’ll be good to have in the freezer’
Mona, blogger, Homburg, Germany
Why not start your own meat-free Monday habit and give your health and the environment a boost? The new IKEA vegetable balls and recipe cards are available in store now.
Photography Michael Sinclair Styling Ashlyn Gibson