Home visit: three ways to customise MOPPE
It’s quick and easy to personalise the MOPPE mini chest of drawers. Here are three suggestions from Amanda, who loves using crafts to customise her home.
You’ll need: masking tape, chalkboard paint, narrow paintbrush, chalk marker
- Stick masking tape diagonally across each drawer.
- Paint above the masking tape with chalkboard paint.
- Once dry, remove the tape carefully.
- Write name labels on each drawer with a chalk marker.
You’ll need: ruler, a print or poster, pencil, cutting board, scalpel, glue
- Measure the height and width of each drawer.
- Use these measurements to divide the print into six, marking outlines with a pencil.
- With the print on the cutting board, cut along the lines to create six equal rectangles.
- Glue each piece of the print on to a drawer.
- Cut around the slot in each drawer using a scalpel or scissors.
You’ll need: drill, four cable ties, colourful washi tape
- Turn the drawers around and drill two holes 5cm apart in the back of each one.
- Thread a cable tie through both holes and fasten inside the drawer, leaving some slack outside the drawer to form a handle.
- Wind washi tape around the handle section.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior stylist: Ashlyn Gibson
Photographer: Christina Bull