1. Frame a warm welcome. Skip having to hoover up the leaves from your real wreath and opt for a more lasting version. Spray paint a frame you have at home in your favourite colour. Wind some festive fairy lights round your ‘wreath’.
2. Get your hallway holiday ready. Encourage guests to hang their coats AND leave their mobiles at the door. Form an arrow with fairy lights to lead them to the gadget drop off station (we used soft baskets). Update your furniture with a Christmassy cross-stitch using wool or thick thread.
3. Create a festive (and fire-safe) display. Group a few different battery-driven LED-candles in clear vases (bonus – no more hard to remove wax stains!). Make a deco piece for the window by hanging up a branch using string and attaching some ornaments (we used mini houses).
4. Get set for starry night snuggle. Cosy up under the warm glow of stars. Hang star-shaped pendant lamp shades from the ceiling over your bed. Switch off all other lights, then sink back and relax together.
5. Forget the traditional holiday palette. Go for textiles in neutral hues that will last beyond the holiday season. Add some depth with a couple of coordinating tones. Use an open basket to store everything so soft and cosy comfort is just an arm’s reach away.
6. Beautify with bulbs. Cut flowers are nice but plants that can take care of themselves while looking great are even better. Just pop a couple of bulbs into clear vases and fill with water. Once they’ve bloomed store them somewhere dark and plant them in the spring — reuse at its best!
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.