This legislation (the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations ensures that waste electrical and electronic is collected and recycled in an environmentally responsible manner. The price you pay at the till for these products in-store may include a contribution to a producer recycling fund (PRF) which helps to fund the cost of the collection and recycling of waste electrical equipment. The contributions to the producer recycling fund which are published in our catalogue are correct at the time of going to press. These contributions are set by an independent body, known as the 'WEEE Producer Register Limited'. If the WEEE Producer Register Limited makes changes to the contributions after the catalogue has been published we will let you know in-store.
Legislation introduced in 2008 (The Batteries and Accumulators Directive, 2006/66/EC) now gives you the opportunity to return your waste batteries to our store free of charge.
- This is available in the customer services area of our store
- Please note that waste batteries must never be placed in your own waste disposal or recycling bins
- It relates to batteries similar to the type that we sell e.g AA, AAA and rechargeable batteries. We do not take waste car or industrial batteries
- Batteries should not pose a hazard to our co-workers (i.e must not be leaking etc)
- Battery recycling is free