Online and in-store planning services
If you're struggling with the layout of your kitchen, or feel the need to liberate your living space, with some inspiration and plenty of expertise, our home furnishing experts can help you plan your interiors with a remote or in-store planning appointment.
Design your perfect kitchen, bathroom, living room storage, wardrobe or sofa with our specialists, at a time that suits you. We’ll schedule a consultation where we’ll discuss your needs, priorities and requirements and explore styles, materials and finishes to help you achieve your interior's goals. We’ll set you up with a solid plan and a shopping list quickly and easily. Or we’ll review the plan you made. To start on your own, try our online planners.
How IKEA planning services work
- Get inspired by spending time browsing our rooms, and playing with all our free online planning tools. Take notes on which styles, colours, products and ideas you like so it’s easier for us to understand what designs and looks you prefer.
- Choose a need. Do you want help with a space or whole room? A particular furniture system? For your home or business? Browse the furnishing areas below to find the planning service you need.
- Book an appointment using the related link below.
- Measure and list. We’ll need details about the space or room. Record measurements of height, width and depth as well as positions/dimensions of electrical outlets, doors, windows, etc. Make a list of your needs.
- Bring your measurements, list of needs and style notes to the appointment. A drawing or photo of the space is useful, too. We’ll discuss layouts and solutions to create a plan and a shopping list.
- Take time to assess the plan and next steps. Do you need to make changes? Start over? Buy now? When you’re ready, visit us online or in-store to order.
What do you want to plan or improve?
Free, approximately 45 minutes
Online only. Design a bathroom with storage and flow for smoother routines and easier days.
Please note that the IKEA bathroom range currently offers sinks, showers, wash stands and storage only. Toilets, bathtubs, tiling, or bathroom installation services are not available.
Children's bedroom or nursery
Free, approximately 45 minutes
Online only. Design your nursery, toddler or child's room. Sort out your little one's room including clothing storage so that their wardrobe keeps up with them as they grow up.
Browse children's room ideas to get inspired.
Get personalised help with our interior design services from £25
Wish you lived in a space designed by IKEA? With our interior design services, you can!
Interior design advice
We can help you solve a smaller problem (taming cables, arranging furniture, choosing colours/materials, tailoring lighting).
Home interior design service
We can help you design a complete interior for your home (an organised family bathroom, a cottage-style bedroom)
Business interior design service
Get help designing your business interior, whether it be a store with a strong retail brand, stylish and comfortable student accommodation or a flexible office space.
Design the perfect space with IKEA Kreativ
Scan your room in the IKEA App and design your own space to bring IKEA 3D products into your home, in mixed reality, or start in one of our 50+ virtual showrooms.
Frequently asked questions
You can book an online appointment with one of our experts above. To book an online appointment you will need internet access, a desktop, tablet or mobile device.
In-home planning service is not available. You can only book an in-store or online planning service appointment.
Measure and list. We’ll need details about the space or room. Record measurements of height, width and depth as well as positions/dimensions of electrical outlets, doors, windows, etc. Make a list of your needs. Bring your measurements, list of needs and style notes to the appointment. A drawing or photo of the space is useful, too.
Get 0% APR credit on purchases over £99Learn more
We can build your IKEA furniture for youFind out more
We offer delivery methods for all your purchasesSee delivery options
Our installation service can save you valuable timeFind out more
Phone shopping assistance
Get help with your shopping from one of our home furnishing experts over the phone.Find out more