Kitchen installation service
IKEA kitchen installation service gets your dream kitchen up and running as fast as possible – so you can start making your favourite recipes and new memories. Save yourself valuable time while trusted professionals finish your kitchen for you.
Our installation service can save you valuable time, especially when it comes to the trickier jobs like fitting sinks, worktops and appliances. Thanks to the 5-year workmanship guarantee included, you can feel confident that your kitchen will be installed to the highest industry standards.
How IKEA kitchen installation service works
Installation of a new kitchen is an exciting and comprehensive project and we want to help you stay on track! Below is a summary of your kitchen installation journey, highlighting the key points.
Kitchen installation service includes:
- Assemble, fit and secure IKEA cabinets.
- Fit and secure all filler pieces, cove panels, deco strips and cornices plinths.
- Cut and mitre IKEA laminate and custom-made worktops (stone worktops not included).
- Mount IKEA cabinet lighting with cord management (plug in only).
- Install IKEA supplied appliances (electrical/gas connection not included).
- Install IKEA supplied sinks and taps and connect waste pipes to sink (plumbing connection not included).
- Clean up and dispose of waste (if you have opted for the waste disposal service).
How to book your installation service
Our Kitchen Specialists will discuss, and provide, an installation quotation during your planning appointment. To book installation, please talk to your Kitchen Specialist.
Before an IKEA kitchen installation
- Measure and plan your IKEA kitchen. If you haven’t done this already, we can help! Start things off right with correct specifications from our kitchen measuring service. Let us design your new kitchen with our kitchen planning service.
- Our installer will carry out a pre installation visit to check your space against the proposed plan, and dry fit quote you were given. During this our installer will discuss the installation project timeline.
- When your kitchen delivery arrives, please check that all boxes and appliances have been delivered.
- Prepare your space. Clean everything out and take care of any work like patching, wall painting, redoing floors, etc. Set up a temporary kitchen. Place all packaging in the room where the kitchen will be.
If you have opted for the kitchen removal service, our installer will remove your kitchen on day 1 before the start of the installation.
During and after an IKEA kitchen installation
- Live life while the pros do their work. Every IKEA kitchen installation comes with a 5-year workmanship guarantee, so you can feel confident installation meets the highest industry standards.
- When the job is done, the service provider will remove packaging (if you have opted for the waste disposal service) and sweep the job site. Save assembly documents, instruction manuals and any spare parts.
- Enjoy cooking in your new kitchen with years of peace of mind, thanks to our product guarantees (detailed in our full terms and conditions).
Do-it-yourself IKEA kitchen installation and assembly guides
IKEA kitchens are designed to be installed by you. But we know it’s not always easy to figure out where to start or what to do when you’re just using our illustrated instructions. So we’re here to help. Learn more below about our tools and resources to support you along the way.
Get an overview of the installation
Before you start opening packages and assembling things, set yourself up for success. Find out what’s involved in the entire installation process from start to finish. Watch our “How to Install Your IKEA Kitchen” film.
Follow individual product assembly
When you’re ready to assemble each product for your kitchen, use the same approach as you do with other IKEA products. Read first. Sort and gather. Proceed slowly and carefully. Be patient with yourself and know it’ll get easier. You can also browse all assembly videos on our YouTube channel.
Frequently asked questions
Each kitchen is planned to your personal needs making it individual to you. Therefore the time taken to install your kitchen can vary from a few days to a couple of weeks. On average most installations are completed with 5 to 7 days.
You can choose when your kitchen arrives based on the lead times at the time of your planning appointment or time of purchase and also based on when you'd like it fitted.
Please note: you may have multiple kitchen deliveries based on made-to-measure worktops and general lead times. If you'd like more information speak to your planning specialist during your appointment. Book an appointment in-store, online, or at home.
We offer a complete installation service where our quality checked service provider will assemble and install your METOD cabinets with a 5-year workmanship guarantee. If you do want to assemble and install your METOD cabinets yourself all instructions are included with your products and we have videos to support you.
After purchasing your kitchen the installation will take place as soon as possible. It can vary depending on the choice of kitchen product and the area of the country you live in. Your IKEA kitchen specialist will be able to supply an estimated installation date during your planning process and you will get a confirmed installation date shortly after ordering your kitchen.
We can happily dismantle and remove your kitchen and appliances in the most sustainable way possible. Your IKEA kitchen specialist will take you through the available services while planning your dream kitchen.
Our Kitchen Specialists will discuss and provide an installation quotation during your planning appointment. Please talk to a Kitchen Specialist to ensure your kitchen plan is accurate and help you book your pre-installation visit ready for your kitchen to be installed.
Book an appointment here.