Curbside Click & Collect
IKEA Canada is now offering Curbside Click & Collect service
We are pleased to introduce a new contactless Curbside Click & Collect service now available at select store locations nationwide.* For a flat rate of $5, this service enables customers to order products online and pick them up in a safe, contactless way at the store location of their choice.
*IKEA Boucherville and Montreal are currently offering in-store Click & Collect only. Pick-up process will still be contactless, and will vary by store.
Important to note: While contactless Click & Collect is available nationwide, pick-up processes may vary from store to store.
We’ve designed our curbside Click & Collect pick up process to be completely contactless, so you don’t have to leave your vehicle until your items are brought to you.
Before heading to the store, please wait for the “Your Order is Ready” confirmation email from IKEA. Once you arrive, be sure to follow the traffic guidance and instructions upon entrance into the store parking lot.
Stop at the greeter station and confirm your order number with one of our co-workers. They’ll assign you a parking space number and ask you to proceed to the Click & Collect Parking zone.
Once you've received your assigned parking number at the greeter station, head over to the Click & Collect Parking zone. Park in the location assigned to you.
Please wait patiently in your vehicle, until one of our co-workers brings your order to a spot near your vehicle. You will then be asked to show ID through your window. The co-worker will then step aside to ensure physical distancing. Only then should you leave your vehicle to load your goods.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our co-workers, customers and communities. As the situation with COVID-19 evolves daily, we focus on actions to create a safe operating environment for co-workers and customers, support our local communities and continue to operate our online business at IKEA.ca, in order to meet customers in the best possible way.
Working in line with recommendations from local governments and health authorities, we have implemented enhanced health and safety measures for Curbside Click & Collect including:
· A completely contactless exchange between co-worker and customer
· Enhanced physical distancing protocol across all operations
· Personal protective equipment (PPE) for co-workers
· Rigorous sanitization and cleaning of units and surfaces including loading carts (after every use)
Frequently asked questions about curbside Click & Collect
Read frequently asked questions and their answers below.
Q. How does the Curbside Click & Collect process work?
A. We are pleased to introduce this affordable and convenient service option which enables customers to pick-up their goods in a safe, contactless way.
Here’s how it works:
· Customer places an order on IKEA.ca and selects Click & Collect and the store of their choice within Checkout.
· Customer receives an email when their order is ready to pick-up. We kindly ask that customers respect the time window they are given.
· Customer arrives at IKEA and follows clear directional signage to a Greeter station.
· Customer provides their order information to the Greeter (while staying in their vehicle) and is assigned a parking spot.
· Customer parks in the assigned space and remains in their vehicle. An IKEA co-worker drops off a loading cart or trolley with the order in a designated spot near the customer vehicle. The co-worker checks customer ID through the closed window.
· The customer loads their goods into the car and follows directional signage out of the parking lot.
· Once the customer leaves, the co-worker retrieves the loading cart or trolley for sanitization.
Q. Will IKEA provide loading assistance?
A. We will offer assistance for loading vehicles, upon customer request. To ensure that physical distancing is maintained, we have outlined the following guidelines:
· During loading, the customer must be seated in the vehicle. If the customer needs to prep the vehicle in any way, the co-worker will step aside to ensure physical distancing is maintained and will return only when the customer is back in the vehicle.
· The co-worker will not enter or lean into the vehicle at any time during the loading process.
· All co-workers assisting with loading will have personal protective equipment (PPE).
Q. Are returns available as part of Curbside Click & Collect?
A. Returns are not available as part of Curbside Click & Collect As our stores are closed to customers, we are suspending all returns and exchanges at this time. IKEA offers a 365-day return policy. However, if your receipt is expiring soon, we will take our closing period into consideration. In addition, we have suspended all removal services which includes the pick-up of any returns and exchanges at customers’ homes.
Q. Why am I receiving an error message when I try to submit a Click & Collect order?
A. If you receive an error message while trying to complete your Click & Collect order, it’s most likely due to your local IKEA store being at capacity. We recommend trying again tomorrow or a later date. Thank you for your understanding as we are experiencing higher-than-usual demand.
Q: Why can’t I select a date for Click and Collect?
A. We are experiencing exceptionally high demand for this service. We assure you that our co-workers have been working tirelessly to fulfil online orders, increase capacities and meet your needs in new ways, all with new health and safety practices at the forefront. It is high priority for us to increase time slots to meet the demand and expect you will see improvements in the coming weeks. Thank you for your continued patience.
Q. Your website says parcel may be temporarily suspend in my area. What are my options for shopping at IKEA?
A. Due to a surge in online orders, we are experiencing significant delivery delays. We have made some changes to catch up on existing orders and as a result parcel delivery will be temporarily unavailable in some areas. To see all of the available options in your area, please try our postal code tool at https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/customer-service/services/delivery/. Based on your location please if possible, consider purchasing in-store. We also offer Click & Collect at all store locations. We thank you for your understanding and patience and look forward to resuming our parcel service again very soon.