IKEA Sell-Back Program
As an IKEA Family member, you can give your used IKEA furniture another life and get an in-store credit to refresh your home. It’s one little action that can have a big impact on your wallet and the planet.
Not an IKEA Family member yet? Join now – it’s quick, easy and free.
How it works
1. Send us 4 or more photos of the item you would like to sell*.
3. If your application is approved, bring your fully assembled IKEA item to your selected store, along with your IKEA Family card and unique application code to get your in-store credit.
IKEA products that qualify for Sell-Back must be:
- In good, resellable condition
- Listed below as eligible
- Complete and fully functional
- Properly assembled when returned
- Clean and unmodified
- Office drawer cabinets
- Small structures with drawers
- Display storage
- Bookcases and shelf units
- Small tables
- Multimedia furniture
- Dining tables and desks
- Chairs and stools (not upholstered)
Products not currently accepted
- Non-IKEA products
- Those that have been used outside, including outdoor furniture
- Hacked or modified products
- Market hall items, including accessories and decorations and lighting fixtures
- Mattresses and bed textiles such as blankets and mattress protectors
- Sofas and armchairs
- Other soft furnishings such as pillows, towels, rugs, etc.
- Items that contain glass
- Kitchens including benchtops, cabinets and fronts
- PAX wardrobes and accessories
- Other over-sized items
- Appliances or other electrical items
- Children’s and baby product such as cribs, mattresses and changing tables
If your item is not approved
If your item is not approved, you can learn why it was not approved by checking your application status. If you have other IKEA items you’d like us to consider, please submit another application at any time.
*If the item does not match the photos and description submitted on the online application, IKEA reserve the right to reduce or withdraw the in-store credit offer. We ask that all items are accurately represented in submission to avoid any misunderstandings around condition of the product. Photos are taken and images selected should best represent the product and its condition.