NORDVIKEN / BERGMUND Table and 6 chairs, white/Rommele dark blue/white,
How to get it
A stable construction in solid wood and hardwood veneer that makes each table unique, with varying grain patterns and natural colour shifts that are part of the charm of wood.Article number794.075.77
The 6-seat table can easily be extended into a 8-seat table using the included self-storing leaves.
The self-storing leaves are easy to insert to extend the table from 6 to 8 and just as easy to remove and tuck away under the table top when your guests have gone home.
The extension leaves increases the overhang at each end of the table creating generous space for two more people at the short ends.
Thanks to new research and a new technique, the upholstered chair gives you optimal seating comfort. Change the style anytime by replacing the chair cover with one in a different colour or model.
The seat's bowl-shaped bottom is adapted for your sit bones and those of most of the world's population. And with an innovative technique, the seat's padding is shaped to maximise your comfort.
The backrest has a built-in lumbar support and the angle between the seat and the backrest is optimally adapted to make it comfortable for you to sit a little longer at the dining table.
The chair cover comes in one piece and fixes in place with hook-and-loop fasteners so you can easily pull it off and put it back on again.
The cover is easy to keep clean as it is removable and can be washed.
The chair legs are made of solid wood, which is a durable natural material.
To prevent surface scratches and the sound of chair legs scraping on the floor, complete with FIXA self-adhesive floor protectors, sold separately.
Only recommended for indoor use.
Possible to separate for recycling or energy recovery if available in your community.
- MaterialChair frame
- Solid wood, Acrylic paint
- Seat frame:
- Steel, Epoxy/polyester powder coating
- Backrest frame:
- Support panel:
- Polyethylene plastic
- Backrest cushion/ Seat cushion:
- 100% polyester
- Polyester wadding
- Back fabric/ Lining:
- 100 % polyester (100% recycled)
- Fabric/ Cover:
- 100% cotton
- Table top:
- Particleboard, Beech veneer, Beech veneer, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer, Paper foil
- Extension leaf:
- Particle- and fibreboard with honeycomb paper filling (100% recycled paper), Beech veneer, Beech veneer, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer, Paper foil, Acrylic paint
- Side rail/ Cross rail:
- Solid beech, Adhesive, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer
- Extension rail:
- Solid beech, Adhesive, Thick beech veneer, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer
- Front/ Leg/ Bottom rail:
- Particleboard, Solid beech, Adhesive, Thick beech veneer, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer
For maximum quality, re-tighten the screws when necessary.TableTable and 6 chairs
Wipe clean with a cloth dampened in a mild cleaner.
Wipe dry with a clean cloth.Removable coverChair cover
Machine wash, max 40°C, normal process.
Do not bleach.
Do not tumble dry.
Iron, max 200°C.
Professional dry cleaning in tetrachloroethene and hydrocarbons, normal process.ChairTable and 6 chairs
Wipe clean with a mild soapy solution.
Light stains can be removed with textile cleaner or a sponge damped in water or a mild soapy solution.
- This chair has been tested for home use and meets the requirements for durability and safety, set forth in the following standards: EN 12520 and EN 1022.The cover has a lightfastness level of 5 (the ability to resist colour fading) on a scale of 1 to 8. According to industry standards, a lightfastness level of 4 or higher is suitable for home use.This cover's ability to resist abrasion has been tested to handle 25,000 cycles. A cover that withstands 15,000 cycles or more is suitable for furniture that should withstand everyday use in the home.
Min. length: 210 cm
Max. length: 289 cm
Width: 105 cm
- This product comes as 15 packages.NORDVIKENArticle number403.687.13This product has multiple packages.
Width: 67 cm
Height: 8 cm
Length: 194 cm
Weight: 39.00 kg
Width: 66 cm
Height: 7 cm
Length: 215 cm
Weight: 34.32 kg
Width: 66 cm
Height: 7 cm
Length: 215 cm
Weight: 34.32 kg
Package(s): 1BERGMUNDArticle number404.519.05
Width: 51 cm
Height: 23 cm
Length: 62 cm
Weight: 8.32 kg
Package(s): 6BERGMUNDArticle number704.862.20
Width: 18 cm
Height: 4 cm
Length: 21 cm
Weight: 0.36 kg
Long dinners just got more comfortable
BERGMUND chair was created so that you can sit longer while enjoying nice dinners – without your legs starting to feel stiff or your back aching. To succeed, we dove into new research on the human body, which led to us developing a new technique to get a really comfortable seat.
Sitting may not seem like an active movement, but it actually involves everything from the body's bones and muscles to tendons, cartilage and joints. "So that you sit comfortably for longer, it’s important that the body enjoys the right support in the right place", explains material developer Anders Bergner.
Our key common trait – sit bones
With BERGMUND, Anders and the team studied new research to develop the shape of the seat and to find the optimal angle between the seat and the backrest. This resulted in several interesting insights about the human body – for example that the sit bones of all humans are actually very similar. "It’s true, regardless if someone is 1.85 metres tall or much shorter. So the bowl-shaped bottom of the seat was given a geometry that fits 99% of the world's population.”
Innovation paves a way for more comfort
The polyester in the seat’s padding and backrest comprises of small vertical fibres which provide better elasticity compared to fibres which are more entangled. Anders and his team then developed an innovative technique to further increase the seating comfort by shaping the seat’s padding. “It compares to making a waffle. The polyester fibres are fed into a special tool where the correct shape fixes in place.” After several years of development, Anders hopes that BERGMUND helps people both enjoy nice seating comfort and even better moments together. "When everyone around the table is sitting comfortably, they can relax and focus more on each other."