Product Recycling Fund
The price of this item includes a contribution to a Product recycling fund to ensure that waste electrical and electronic equipment is collected and recycled in a responsible manner.

Corporate News


IKEA recalls for repair SMILA wall mounted lamps due to strangulation hazard
Wed Dec 11 13:00:00 UTC 2013
 | 
[National] 
IKEA urges all customers that have an IKEA SMILA wall mounted lamp to check immediately that the lamp and cord are out of reach of children and securely fastened to the wall. Loose lamp cords can present a strangulation hazard to infants and young children.

IKEA has received a report of an incident where a 16 month old child in a crib died after becoming entangled in the cord of a SMILA wall lamp. At a separate occasion, a 15 month old child in a crib was involved in a near strangulation incident when it became entangled in a lamp’s cord. Both incidents happened in Europe. Customers are asked to contact customer service at (888) 966-4532 to receive a repair kit free of charge. The repair kit contains safety instructions and self-adhesive fasteners for attaching the lamp cord to the wall.

IKEA reminds customers that any corded product such as a window covering or a blind can present a strangulation hazard. Accessible cords should always be kept out of reach of young children.

IKEA apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
SMILA wall mounted lamps