IKEA store1.What new IKEA store openings are scheduled?
2.Can someone help me plan and design rooms?
3.How can I get large items home?
4.Why are items sometimes out of stock?
5.What if I want to have the products assembled?
6.Can I return items?
8.How many products are in the IKEA product range?
9.Where are IKEA products purchased?
IKEA catalogue1.What is the IKEA catalogue?
2.How can I get a copy of the IKEA catalogue?
3.When does the new catalogue come out?
4.How environmentally friendly is the IKEA catalogue?
corporate IKEA1.Who owns the IKEA concept?
2.Can I distribute IKEA products?
3.How can I become a franchisee?
4.What is the IKEA Group?
5.What is the IKEA business idea?
6.How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?
7.How does IKEA approach environmental issues?
website questions1.What settings or software do I need on my computer to view the IKEA site?
2.Can I purchase IKEA products on the web?
3.What information is collected about me when I visit the site?
4.Can I find all IKEA products on this site?
1. What new IKEA store openings are scheduled?These are the IKEA store openings planned for the near future (dates shown are projected only):
Florence, Italy November 2002
Ulm, Germany March 2003
Melbourne, Australia March 2003
Montreal, Canada March 2003
Barcelona, Spain April 2003
Helsinki, Finland May 2003
Washington, USA June 2003
Toronto, Canada July 2003
New York, USA August 2003
San Francisco, USA August 2003
Breda, Netherlands August 2003
2. Can someone help me plan and design rooms?Many IKEA stores offer a home decoration service if you wish to furnish an entire room or home. Most IKEA stores also offer a kitchen planning service. Using computer simulations, specially trained kitchen
planners can help you plan and choose the kitchen that is right for you. These services are by appointment only.
3. How can I get large items home?Most IKEA products are flat-packed, making them easy to transport. The IKEA store offers (or will refer you to) a home delivery service if you prefer. Home delivery is not included in the product price.
4. Why are items sometimes out of stock?Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, IKEA can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays.
5. What if I want to have the products assembled?IKEA products are generally easy to assemble and require no special tools. If you prefer, most IKEA stores can refer you to a reputable, reasonably priced assembly company that can come to your home to assemble and install our products.
6. Can I return items?IKEA stores always offer a generous return policy. Ask for assistance at your store or look in your catalogue for details. Please do not forget the receipt and the original packaging.
7. Complaints?If you have any complaints about our products or services please contact your store and we will be happy to solve the problem.
8. How many products are in the IKEA product range?There are about 12,000 products in the total IKEA product range. Each store carries a selection of these 12,000 products depending on store size. The core range is the same worldwide.
9. Where are IKEA products purchased?More than 2,000 suppliers in over 50 countries manufacture our products. The profile of our well-designed and high quality range is distinctively Swedish/Scandinavian. The low price is literally built into the production and the flat packs facilitate a rational distribution, self-service and immediate take-away. All of our products are labelled "Design and Quality, IKEA of Sweden."
1. What is the IKEA catalogue?This year's IKEA catalogue was produced in 38 editions, in 17 languages for 28 countries. The catalogue offers more than just a glimpse at the diverse IKEA product range. You'll discover new affordable solutions and creative approaches to help inspire home furnishing ideas for better living.
2. How can I get a copy of the IKEA catalogue?The IKEA catalogue is mass-distributed annually in the area around each IKEA store. If you did not receive this year's catalogue, stop by the IKEA store near you for a free copy.
3. When does the new catalogue come out?The annual catalogue is distributed in August/September of each year and is valid for a full year. Prices are guaranteed not to increase while the catalogue is valid.
In it, you'll discover our furnishings, accessories and room settings along with detailed information on materials, colours, sizes, product care and prices. That way you can plan your next visit to IKEA all from the comfort of your own home!
4. How environmentally friendly is the IKEA catalogue?Our catalogues are printed on totally chlorine-free paper and contain at least 10-15% post-consumer waste. No rainforest or old-growth fibres are used. The pre-press process is 100% digital,which means no film is used and none of the associated chemicals. No optical brighteners are used on the paper.
1. Who owns the IKEA concept?IKEA retailing, with its Swedish roots, is based on a franchise system. Inter IKEA Systems B.V., located in Delft, The Netherlands, is the owner and franchisor of the IKEA Concept. IKEA stores are operated by a number of different franchisees in 29 countries.
2. Can I distribute IKEA products?The IKEA experience is more than just products, it is a retail concept. For the concept to work, it is necessary to have all aspects in place. Therefore, IKEA products are sold only in IKEA stores franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
3. How can I become a franchisee?IKEA products are sold solely in stores operating the IKEA Retail System--franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. of The Netherlands.
Franchises are granted by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. as part of a detailed expansion plan. Serious applicants are carefully researched and evaluated and franchises are granted only to companies and/or individuals with strong financial backing and a proven record in retail.
Serious inquiries (please include all relevant information) may be sent or faxed to:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Olof Palmestraat 1
NL-2616 LN Delft
Fax: +31 15 215 38 38
4. What is the IKEA Group?The IKEA Group is a private group of companies owned by a charitable foundation in The Netherlands. The IKEA Group is active in developing, purchasing, distributing and selling IKEA products. The IKEA group is the biggest group of franchisees operating over 100 IKEA stores. The Management Services to the IKEA Group are provided by IKEA International A/S in Humlebaek, Denmark.
5. What is the IKEA business idea?The IKEA business idea is: "We shall offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them."
6. How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?If you are out-going, dedicated, customer-service orientated and interested in working as part of a team, contact the IKEA store near you for possible openings.
7. How does IKEA approach environmental issues?We're working to create a better environment outdoors as well as indoors.
1. What settings or software do I need on my computer to view the IKEA site?The IKEA site works with all commonly used browsers, on both PC and Mac platforms. For optimal viewing, we recommend at least Netscape Navigator 4.0 or IE 5.0 and at least 800x600 pixels (possible flash plug in higher than 4.0).
2. Can I purchase IKEA products on the web?Only Sweden and Denmark currently sell products online. In the future, the ambition is to roll out this e-commerce platform to additional countries.
Note that we already have a mail order system in place in certain countries. In select locations, it is now possible to order via email as well. Check your local IKEA site for details.
3. What information is collected about me when I visit the site?We do not require any information to obtain access to any part of our site, unless specifically stated. We may ask for specific information in order to provide a service to you, such as sending you a catalogue. Information requested may include name, title, company, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
We do anonymously track traffic patterns using cookies, in order to measure site performance and make improvements. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer that are read by the browser. These cookies will be automatically deleted after you leave the site.
4. Can I find all IKEA products on this site?This site features hundreds of IKEA products as a way of demonstrating the breadth and depth of our product range; however, this is only a small portion of IKEA’s complete product range. Each store carries a much larger selection. Be sure to visit your local IKEA store for a look at our full selection.