About Your Delivery
What is included in the truck delivery service?
What is an Estimated Delivery Date?
When do we schedule actual delivery dates?
How big are our delivery vehicles?
Who needs to accept and sign for my delivery?
What am I responsible for upon delivery?
The size of our furniture?
What if I am out or the products won't fit?
Can I have products delivered outside the continental US?
We use 2 delivery services to deliver your order.
- Parcel delivery: This service is used to deliver small orders of no more than 100 lbs in weight. However, some of our products are not suitable to be delivered via parcel, for example products containing mirrors or glass. These will automatically be transferred to truck delivery provider where we can take better care of them.
Click here to view delivery rates to your zip code.
- Truck Delivery: A two-man team will deliver all orders that we classify as ‘large’ deliveries, (anything over the 100 lbs rule), and any products that we deem unsuitable for parcel delivery.
Our truck delivery charges start at $99.00 depending on where you live; you can check the cost to your area by clicking here.
- A two-person delivery team
- Deliver your order into your home, into the room of your choice
- Removal of old appliances or mattress when making delivery of a new appliances or mattress, if needed (Additional charges may apply. Scheduling this service in advance is required.)
You will receive an Estimated Delivery Date in the shopping cart; this is also confirmed in your order confirmation email. Please note that this is not a guaranteed delivery date for your order. Some areas may take longer due to the frequency of deliveries to the delivery address. Our system calculates the estimated delivery date considering the total amount of time to process your order including: packaging, transit time to the delivery provider, and how often the delivery company delivers to your area.
When placing your order, we consider these factors when calculating the Estimated Delivery Date:
- Order processing: This is the amount of time it takes for us to prepare your order for shipping. This typically takes 1-2 days.
- Parcel orders – Please note that some orders may ship within as few as 4 hours and some could take up to 5 days.
- Truck orders – Please note that some orders may ship on the same day and some could take up to 7 days.
- Transit Time: This is the amount of time it takes your order to leave our distribution center and arrive at the local delivery carrier.
We do try to meet the estimated delivery dates, however there are times where we are unable to do this and your delivery date will be different. We would advise you not to make any plans to accept your delivery, for example taking time off from work or scheduling for merchandise to be assembled, until your actual delivery date has been scheduled with the delivery provider.
When the delivery provider receives your order and is ready to schedule your actual delivery date, they will contact you at the telephone number that you have provided in your order. At that time, they will let you know what days of the week they are able to deliver to your area. (Please note that if you select a delivery date that is more than 14 days beyond your estimated delivery date you may incur storage charges that would need to be paid before delivery could be made.) Deliveries will be made between the hours of 8am and 10pm on the delivery day that you select. The delivery company will call you prior to the scheduled delivery and will provide you with an approximate time window. The delivery company will make every effort to deliver within the time window provided.
Orders are delivered Tuesday through Saturday with no advance call.
To ensure the smooth delivery of your order, there are a few points we need to know about your address.
Please be sure to consider:
- Are there elevator access restrictions?
- Will the delivery need to be made to a delivery dock?
- Are there time restrictions?
- Are there traffic or parking restrictions?
- Are there any height, width or weight restrictions?
- Is your address Tractor Trailer accessible? Click here to see if a delivery truck or a tractor trailer will be making your delivery.
If any of the above considerations apply to your delivery address, please call Shop Online (1-800-434-4532) if you feel that our delivery vehicles may have problems delivering to your door. Don't worry; we will always find a way, but to prevent a failed delivery we need to know as much information as possible in advance. If you’re not sure then please contact us and we will be happy to advise you.
Print a copy of your order confirmation to help you examine your order upon delivery to ensure that there are no visible signs of damaged, missing or incorrect pieces. In the even that there are missing, damaged or incorrect packages, please indicate the problem on the Delivery Order Note and contact us within 48 hours of your delivery. Please be sure to sign the Delivery Order Note in the presence of the Delivery Company representative to indicate your delivery has been received. Please note that a signed delivery receipt, without the notations of missing, damaged or incorrect item(s) represents your acceptance of the complete order in perfect condition.
Some of our furniture is larger than you may expect, particularly sofas. So before we send your order you need to check the measurements of the products you are buying, and make sure there will be sufficient access for us to deliver them as required. Also, check that once the product is built, it will fit into your room. If you’re not sure then please contact us and we will be happy to advise you.
Please try to inform us as soon as possible if you know that you are not going to be able to accept delivery. If we are unable to deliver because you’re not at home or because access is difficult; then we may charge for storage and redelivery fee. You can either accept to pay, or opt to cancel your order, at which point we would refund your purchases, but not your original delivery fee.
Truck deliveries are made within the continental United States only.
You may request to have your order delivered to a Freight Forwarder within the continental US. Additional delivery information is required to ensure accurate processing of your order, so we require that you call us to place your order. Additional delivery charges may apply to these order types based on the time frame and location for delivery. Please note that if you decide to hire a freight forwarder to accept, receive and sign the handover of items without the notations of visible defects of packaging, damaged items or missing merchandise, neither IKEA nor the 3rd party Delivery Company that has been contracted by IKEA to perform the delivery will be held responsible.
Parcel deliveries are made to the entire United States including Alaska and Hawaii.