Product loan/image requests for online media
IKEA PROCEDURES FOR PRODUCT LOAN AND IMAGE REQUESTS (online media outlets/blogs):
Thank you for your interest in IKEA home furnishings and accessories. For your convenience, outlined below is an overview of the procedures for media requesting product loans and/or images. Due to the high volume of daily requests with tight deadlines, it is not possible for us to accommodate all requests and IKEA does not guarantee fulfillment of all IKEA product image and product loan requests.
If you are with a TV outlet, please click here
If you are with a print outlet, please click here
If you’d like to sign up to receive the electronic IKEA Newsletter Exclusive for Media, please click here
If you are with an online media outlet or a blog, please email all loan and image requests to one of the following:
• Noreen Lennon at noreen.lennon@IKEA.com
• Christine Soner at: christine.soner@IKEA.com
Contact any of the above IKEA representatives at least 3 business days prior to your deadline with the following information:
• Contact name and name of online magazine/blog
• Deadline for request
• Estimated number of visitors per week or unique visitors per month
• Whether the request is for a product loan/donation, giveaway and/or digital images*
• Product name, description (size, color, article number, etc.) and quantity needed
-For images, please provide the catalog page or web link; if discovered through another source, please note
-If applicable, please note how you learned of the product (IKEA Catalog, IKEA press event, IKEA newsletter, webinar, etc.)
• Description of the intended use for the product (e.g., review, photography, etc.)**
• Shipping information (please include phone number for shipping purposes)***
-For image requests, please supply an email address
• Date the article will be posted online
IKEA requires the following correct IKEA brand credit:
• IKEA (spelled in capital letters)
• IKEA toll-free phone order number: (800) 434-IKEA (4532)
• IKEA web site address: www.IKEA.com
Please send a link to the online post to:
*To be in compliance with FTC guidelines, online media/bloggers must disclose in a clear way to their readers that product sample(s) were provided by a marketer (IKEA). Examples of how to do this could be:
• "Thanks to IKEA for the review sample of (insert product)."
• "IKEA provided one (insert product) for review, and another for giveaway."
**According to the FTC guidelines, a marketer (IKEA) must verify that any statements about its products or services are accurate. Please fact-check your statements with any of the above IKEA representatives before posting. Also, please disclose whether or not you intend to alter the product. Note that IKEA cannot be held responsible for the results of any alteration to IKEA products or any use outside of their designed use.
***Whether or not we can send a product could be subject to shipping restrictions (size, weight, and/or breakability of the product and/or shipping location).
NOTE: Depending on the date of the request and the projected post date of the story, seasonal merchandise (i.e. summer, holiday) may not be available for loan or image requests. IKEA cannot guarantee the availability of a featured product in all store locations, as inventory may vary.
To place a request for IKEA products or images, please click here