If you… then we
IKEA co-workers enjoy many advantages and opportunities from working in such a free and open environment – but all freedoms are counter-balanced with expectations. For example, the expectation that each co-worker is able to assume responsibility for his or her own actions. Although on the surface it is evident that we have a lot of fun together working at IKEA, at the same time all are expected to be very hardworking and conscientious. Here are some more examples to illustrate give and take, IKEA style:
What do we expect from you?
- You have the ambition to do a good job and a desire to take on responsibility and to take the consequences that this entails
- You do your best on the basis of your abilities and experience
- You are service-oriented and have the customers’ best interests at heart
- You are open to improvements, with a will to develop continually
- You challenge established patterns when you have a better suggestion of your own
- You are not status minded, but rather open and straightforward in your approach to others
- You are cost conscious and know that everything has a price tag
- You are open and willing to move for a new challenging job
What do we offer you?
- The chance to work in a growing company with a viable business idea
- We give you the opportunity to further develop your professional skills in your daily work
- We make it possible to choose between many different jobs within the company
- We enable you to work in an environment where people and team spirit are central values
- We offer you a job with fair and reasonable conditions
- We give you the chance to take a great responsibility following recognised good results, regardless of age.