WEEE electrical products
This legislation (the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations ensures that waste electrical and electronic is collected and recycled in an environmentally responsible manner. The price you pay at the till for these products in-store may include a contribution to a producer recycling fund (PRF) which helps to fund the cost of the collection and recycling of waste electrical equipment. The contributions to the producer recycling fund which are published in our catalogue are correct at the time of going to press. These contributions are set by an independent body, known as the 'WEEE Register' Society Ltd. If the WEEE Register Society Ltd makes changes to the contributions after the catalogue has been published we will let you know in-store.
You may recycle of your old electrical items free of charge by returning them to IKEA Dublin, subject to the following conditions:
- For every Electrical product you purchase from IKEA we will recycle of one free of charge.
- The electrical item to be recycled of must be of an equivalent type or have the same function to the item purchased, IE You buy a Fridge freezer and we will take back a fridge freezer
- The disposed electrical item must not present a health and safety risk to the store staff
- If you are having a large electrical appliance delivered we will give you at least 24 hours notice of delivery of the new appliance, and at the same time offer to take away the old disconnected appliance, on the same day.
- If we have given 24 hours notice and your appliance is not ready, or you decline the collection, you have up to 30 days to return it yourself to the Store for recycling.
- If less than 24 hours notice of delivery is given and where it is not ready for collection, we will arrange to collect the item of WEEE within 15 days of delivery having given a minimum of 24 hours notice of collection.
- You can return your old electrical item up to 15 days from the date of purchase of the new item, or if it was delivered to you, up to 30 days from the date of purchase
- You must show the original receipt for your new electrical item when returning the old electrical item in-store
- The item needs to be empty of water or other materials such as food in the case of refrigeration equipment.
- Before you decide to dispose of your old electrical equipment, please make every effort to arrange for its re-use, especially if it is still in working order.