At IKEA you can pay the way that suits you best:
• VISA credit or debit
• MasterCard credit
We also accept IKEA gift cards:
- If a gift card issued in one country is used in other countries, a currency conversion fee will apply. Currently the fee is 3%, but is subject to change.
- To check the balance of any Gift or Refund card(s), visit or call any IKEA store.
- No cash change will be given on purchases made using a Gift or Refund card(s).
- Gift cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. The balance cannot be converted into cash.
- Gift card(s) can be used as a complete or partial payment in IKEA stores including online.
- There are no limitations on how many times a card(s) can be used (until the balance is $0.00).
General delivery information
Thank you for shopping at IKEA and choosing our Delivery Service. In order to ensure that your delivery is successful, first confirm your delivery order and contact information and then please read the following.
Before the Delivery Appointment
1. Please ensure that the delivery service provider can gain access to the delivery location. Ensure adequate access to safely complete the delivery such as driveways, hallways, staircases, walkways and elevators. If there is no elevator in the building the team can bring your order up to the third floor.
2. Ensure that someone over the age of 18 is present to accept the delivery during the entire agreed upon time window.
3. If the requirements mentioned above are not met and a new delivery appointment needs to be scheduled, a second delivery charge will apply. While unforeseen events can occur, (e.g. weather conditions) the delivery company will make every effort to deliver within the assigned time window.
During the Delivery
The person accepting the delivery is required to complete a piece count and an inspection for visible damages for each item on the order. We recommend completing the verification as the products are being unloaded. Please sign the Proof of Delivery only once the verification has been completed and any visible damages or discrepancies have been indicated.
Other Important Things to Know
1. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you confirm that your contact information will be shared with the delivery service provider in order to perform your delivery.
2. The delivery service provider will arrive in the 3rd party company’s uniforms and will carry identification.
3. Should you have any questions regarding your delivery service, please contact our IKEA Customer Support Centre at 1-866-866-IKEA.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the unused item within 45 days for an exchange or refund. All services are non-refundable once attempted or completed. Please see your receipt or visit www.IKEA.ca/returns. for more details.
4. You may be contacted and invited to participate in a service survey in order to help us in our continuous effort to improve our service to you.
Your estimated delivery date is not guaranteed. A FedEx tracking number will be sent to you by email once your order has left the warehouse.
FedEx delivers from 9am to 5pm. Three delivery attempts will be made for Parcel deliveries.
If you are unavailable, you will be left a notice of delivery by FedEx with instructions on how to collect your order.
If the order is not collected within 5 business days it will be returned to IKEA. A refund will be issued for your merchandise. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for your refund to appear. The delivery fee is non-refundable.
Your estimated delivery date is not guaranteed, we will make every effort to meet it. You will be contacted by the delivery company with a confirmed delivery date.
Please note that you must be available to receive your order during the selected time window on the requested delivery date. For your convenience, the delivery company will assign you a shorter time window the day before, or morning of, your delivery date.
If you wish to make a change to your delivery date, visit www.IKEA.ca/delivery for more information. Postponing your delivery by 7 days or more will incur storage fees. You will be advised at the time of the change.
Volume orders are determined by:
• volume; 5 cubic meters or more
• order value; $15,000 or more, before tax and delivery
To place a volume order, please contact IKEA at 1-866-866-IKEA (4532) for assistance. Additional delivery information is required to calculate your delivery quote.
Picking up your IKEA order at an IKEA Store, IKEA Pick-up and Order Point or IKEA Collection Point
Picking up your IKEA order
1. Please bring a valid government-issued photo ID and your proof of purchase.
2. If you wish to designate another person to pick-up your order, they must bring: A forwarded copy of your proof of purchase with your written consent, including the full name of the designated person matching government-issued photo ID
3. You have up to 7 days to pick up your order. If you do not pick it up with the 7 days:
a. IKEA Store: Your purchase will be refunded.
b. Pick-up and Order Point: Your purchase will be refunded.
c. Collection Point: Storage fees will be applied until you pick your order up and may be returned and refunded (less any storage fees) if arrangements cannot be made.
Shipment and picking fees to Pick-up and Order Points, Collection Points or at an IKEA Store are non-refundable
We strive to expedite orders from our distribution warehouse as quickly as possible. While orders cannot be changed once paid, please call IKEA at 1-866-866-IKEA (4532) if you wish to request a cancellation or rescheduling. Please note that we require a minimum of 24 hours prior to the delivery appointment to request changes in order to avoid rescheduling fees.
Please note that the delivery fee is non-refundable.
To read IKEA’s Return Policy, visit www.IKEA.ca/returns.
IKEA uses the latest technology to encrypt all personal information which you submit through our site, including card numbers, address and other information. We encrypt this information using SSL technology which allows it to be transmitted securely over the internet without anyone else having access to it.
We collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We also collect information to improve the shopping experience of IKEA consumers.
To read IKEA Canada's Privacy Notice, visit www.IKEA.ca/privacy.