IKEA store1.What new IKEA store openings are scheduled?
2.Can someone help me plan and design rooms?
3.How can I get large items home?
4.Why are items sometimes out of stock?
5.What if I want to have the products assembled?
6.Can I return items?
7.Do you have a complaint you wish to forward to IKEA?
8.How many products are in the IKEA product range?
9.Where are IKEA products purchased?
10.I want to go to IKEA with my pet, is this allowed?
IKEA catalogue1.What is the IKEA catalogue?
2.How can I get a copy of the IKEA catalogue?
3.When does the new catalogue come out?
4.How environmentally friendly is the IKEA catalogue?
Shopping online or by phone1.What methods of payment can I use to shop online?
2.How will my purchase be delivered when I order through Home Shopping?
3.What are the shipping rates for online purchases?
Corporate IKEA1.Who owns the IKEA concept?
2.Can I distribute IKEA products?
3.How can I become a franchisee?
4.What is the IKEA Group?
5.What is the IKEA business idea?
6.How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?
7.How does IKEA approach environmental issues?
Website questions1.What settings or software do I need on my computer to view the IKEA site?
2.Can I purchase IKEA products on the web?
3.What if I find a mistake on your website?
4.What information is collected about me when I visit the site?
5.Can I find all IKEA products on this site?
1. What new IKEA store openings are scheduled?Coming IKEA store openings
2. Can someone help me plan and design rooms?Many IKEA stores offer a home decoration service provided by a Home Furnishing Consultant, if you wish to furnish an entire room or home. Most IKEA stores also offer a kitchen planning service. Using computer simulations, specially trained kitchen planners can help you plan and choose the kitchen that is right for you. Please contact your local store for details.
3. How can I get large items home?Most IKEA products are flat-packed, making them easy to transport. If you prefer, the IKEA stores offer a home delivery service. Home delivery is not included in the product price. Please contact your local store for delivery details.
4. Why are items sometimes out of stock?Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, IKEA can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays.
5. What if I want to have the products assembled?IKEA products are generally easy to assemble and require no special tools. If you prefer, most IKEA stores can refer you to a reputable, reasonably priced assembly company that can come to your home to assemble and install our products.
6. Can I return items?If you are not satisfied with your purchase, return the item within 45 days of the purchase for an exchange or a refund. Please be sure to have your receipt and the original packaging at the time of your visit. We ask that you ensure that the product remains in the same condition as it was purchased. Otherwise, it is up to the discretion of the store as inspection is required.
7. Do you have a complaint you wish to forward to IKEA?Do you have a complaint you wish to forward to IKEA? We would be happy to hear your opinion about your shopping experience. Please send us your comments. They will help us improve.
If you wish to forward a complaint you can reach us via email or you can send us a letter by mail.
8. How many products are in the IKEA product range?There are about 12,000 products in the total IKEA product range. Each store carries a selection of these 12,000 products depending on store size. The core range is the same worldwide.
9. Where are IKEA products purchased?More than 2,000 suppliers in over 50 countries manufacture our products. The profile of our well-designed and high quality range is distinctively Swedish/Scandinavian. The low price is literally built into the production and the flat packs facilitate a rational distribution, self-service and immediate take-away. All of our products are labelled "Design and Quality, IKEA of Sweden."
10. I want to go to IKEA with my pet, is this allowed?We love pets but for health reasons, we are unable to accept them in our stores unless they are guide dogs for customers with visual disabilities.
1. What is the IKEA catalogue?This year's IKEA catalogue was produced in 38 editions, in 17 languages for 28 countries. The catalogue offers more than just a glimpse at the diverse IKEA product range. You'll discover new affordable solutions and creative approaches to help inspire home furnishing ideas for better living.
2. How can I get a copy of the IKEA catalogue?The IKEA catalogue is mass-distributed annually in the area around each IKEA store. If you did not receive this year's catalogue, stop by the IKEA store near you for a free copy.
3. When does the new catalogue come out?The annual catalogue is distributed in August/September of each year and is valid for a full year. Prices are guaranteed not to increase while the catalogue is valid.
In it, you'll discover our furnishings, accessories and room settings along with detailed information on materials, colours, sizes, product care and prices. That way you can plan your next visit to IKEA all from the comfort of your own home!
4. How environmentally friendly is the IKEA catalogue?Our catalogues are printed on totally chlorine-free paper and contain at least 10-15% post-consumer waste. No rainforest or old-growth fibres are used. The pre-press process is 100% digital,which means no film is used and none of the associated chemicals. No optical brighteners are used on the paper.
Shopping online or by phone
1. What methods of payment can I use to shop online?As a private customer, you can pay for your purchases in several ways:
· VISA credit, Mastercard
· IKEA gift card (phone order only)
2. How will my purchase be delivered when I order through Home Shopping?All orders are shipped from our national warehouse, and delivery is across Canada only. Unfortunately some items are not available through phone/online shopping.
Your goods will be delivered by Parcel (using FedEx) or by Truck, depending on the weight and volume of your order.
Shipping and handling fees will be charged based on: shipment weight/volume, delivery destinations and retail value of the order.
3. What are the shipping rates for online purchases?Start adding products to your cart. When reviewing your cart, you can estimate your delivery price by entering your postal code before entering the Checkout.
1. Who owns the IKEA concept?IKEA retailing, with its Swedish roots, is based on a franchise system. Inter IKEA Systems B.V., located in Delft, The Netherlands, is the owner and franchisor of the IKEA Concept. IKEA stores are operated by a number of different franchisees in 29 countries.
2. Can I distribute IKEA products?The IKEA experience is more than just products, it is a retail concept. For the concept to work, it is necessary to have all aspects in place. Therefore, IKEA products are sold only in IKEA stores franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
3. How can I become a franchisee?IKEA products are sold solely in stores operating the IKEA Retail System--franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. of The Netherlands.
Franchises are granted by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. as part of a detailed expansion plan. Serious applicants are carefully researched and evaluated and franchises are granted only to companies and/or individuals with strong financial backing and a proven record in retail.
Serious inquiries (please include all relevant information) may be sent or faxed to:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Olof Palmestraat 1
NL-2616 LN Delft
Fax: +31 15 215 38 38
4. What is the IKEA Group?The IKEA Group is a private group of companies owned by a charitable foundation in The Netherlands. The IKEA Group is active in developing, purchasing, distributing and selling IKEA products. The IKEA group is the biggest group of franchisees operating over 100 IKEA stores. The Management Services to the IKEA Group are provided by IKEA International A/S in Humlebaek, Denmark.
5. What is the IKEA business idea?The IKEA business idea is: "We shall offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them."
6. How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?If you are out-going, dedicated, customer-service orientated and interested in working as part of a team, contact the IKEA store near you for possible openings.
7. How does IKEA approach environmental issues?We're working to create a better environment outdoors as well as indoors.
1. What settings or software do I need on my computer to view the IKEA site?The IKEA site is optimized for the most used versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox
on Windows, Firefox and Safari on Mac OS X.
The site is created for a screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher.
2. Can I purchase IKEA products on the web?Yes, you can shop from home or office at your convenience. Simply make your choices from the catalogue or through our online A to Z product selection. Place your order by calling 1-866-866-IKEA or use our online shopping cart feature.
3. What if I find a mistake on your website?This website has been prepared by IKEA. Sources of supply and specifications are subject to change. A high standard of accuracy has been sought in the preparation of this website. Errors and omissions are always a possibility. Although IKEA cannot be held responsible, upon the discovery of any errors, price errors or omissions, all reasonable steps will be taken to inform IKEA customers.
4. What information is collected about me when I visit the site?We do not require any information to obtain access to any part of our site, unless specifically stated. We may ask for specific information in order to provide a service to you, such as sending you a catalogue. Information requested may include name, title, company, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
We do anonymously track traffic patterns using cookies, in order to measure site performance and make improvements. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer that are read by the browser. These cookies will be automatically deleted after you leave the site.
5. Can I find all IKEA products on this site?This site features hundreds of IKEA products as a way of demonstrating the breadth and depth of our product range; however, this is only a small portion of IKEA’s complete product range. Each store carries a much larger selection. Be sure to visit your local IKEA store for a look at our full selection.