|IKEA Contest rules|
‘PIN & WIN’ IKEA CANADA PINTEREST PROMOTION
FULL PROMOTION RULES
(the “Promotion Rules”)
THIS PROMOTION IS FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY EXCLUDING QUEBEC.
See below for additional eligibility requirements.
HOW TO ENTER
1. The ‘PIN & WIN’ IKEA CANADA PINTEREST Promotion (the “Promotion”) commences at 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 13, 2012 and concludes at 6:00:01 p.m. ET on August 26, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). The time at which the Promotion concludes is referred to in these Promotion Rules as the “Promotion Closing Time”.
2. No purchase necessary. To enter, contestants must visit http://www.pinterest.com/ikeacanada and follow IKEA Canada. You must be a member of Pinterest to follow us. To become a member of Pinterest, you may go to pinterest.com to request membership. Membership in Pinterest is free. After you follow us, select one (1) of the available seven (7) ‘Pin & Win’ IKEA Canada boards on http://www.pinterest.com/ikeacanada and ‘pin’ a minimum of one (1) photo within one (1) ‘Pin & Win’ IKEA Canada board. Only one (1) ‘Pin & Win’ IKEA Canada board entry per person is permitted during the Promotion Period; however, entrants can pin multiple, different photos within one (1) ‘Pin & Win’ IKEA Canada board to increase their chance of being randomly selected to win one (1) $100 CAD IKEA Canada gift card (each a “Prize”, collectively “Prizes”). Each entrant can only win one (1) Prize during the Promotion Period. Photos pinned from other websites are not eligible for purposes of this Promotion. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one (1) board entry during the Promotion Period will void all entries and result in disqualification.
3. The Promotion is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence excluding employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents of IKEA Canada (the “Sponsor”) and its advertising and promotional agencies, Pinterest and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and members of each of their respective immediate families or persons living in the same household.
PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
4. One (1) Prize will be awarded each day during the Promotion. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) ET and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET, with the exception of the last day of the Promotion Period where the day will end at 6:00:01 p.m. ET. The Prizes available to be won in this Promotion consist of fourteen (14) IKEA Canada gift cards each valued at $100 CAD. One (1) Prize will be awarded per day in the Promotion, for a total of fourteen Prizes to be awarded over the Promotional Period. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, assignment or transfer of Prizes by a winner is permitted. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
5. Winners will be selected in a random drawing held each day during the Promotion Period at approximately 7:00 p.m. ET commencing on August 14, 2012. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of photos pinned by each eligible entrant. Selected entrants will be notified by e-mail and will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor a Prize Claim Form, including the correct answer to the mathematical skill testing question (provided without mechanical or other assistance) posed on the Form. Each selected entrant will have forty eight (48) hours to sign and return his/her fully completed Prize Claim Form or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate randomly selected entrant. The return of any Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate entrant by random drawing. If a dispute arises as to the identity of a selected entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry/registration. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All taxes resulting from acceptance of a Prize are the responsibility of each winner. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners within four (4) weeks of the Promotion Closing Time.
7. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
8. All decisions relating to this Promotion shall be made in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and all such decisions are final and binding on all entrants.
9. The Sponsor’s computer or the computer of its designated advertising or promotional agency is the sole determinant of time of receipt of an entry. For clarity, if an entry is received at the Promotion Closing Time, it is considered to be received by the Promotion Closing Time for purposes of these Promotion Rules.
10. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable legislation, each entrant: (a) releases the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, Pinterest, their respective affiliates (including their respective successors and assigns), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and liability (including costs and expenses related thereto) in any way relating to or arising in connection with the Promotion, and (b) agrees not to make any claim against any of the Released Parties, or any claim against any third party which may result in a claim against any of the Released Parties, in respect of any matter in any way relating to or arising in connection with the Promotion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing and except to the extent prohibited by applicable legislation, each entrant agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) lost, stolen, late, damaged, destroyed, illegible, incomplete, improperly completed, misdirected or postage-due correspondence (including e-mail transmissions), Promotion entries, Prize Claim Forms or UPC codes, as applicable; (ii) any failure or slowdown of Pinterest or any failure or slowdown of any Promotion programs or software supporting, connected to or related to the Promotion; (iii) any problem, technical malfunction or slowdown of or relating to any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, equipment or software; (iv) any faulty electronic data transmission; (v) any other difficulties of whatever nature in the conduct and administration of the Promotion; and (vi) any injury or damage to an entrant or any other person or their computer or other property in any way relating to or arising in connection with participating in this Promotion or downloading any material related thereto.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion at any time and for any reason, without notice. In the event of Promotion cancellation, any remaining Prizes still to be won will, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be deemed expired and void and will be ineligible for Promotion play, and, without limiting any other provision of these Promotion Rules, the Released Parties shall not have any further liability with respect thereto.
12. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and without notice, terminate the right of any entrant in the Promotion to participate in the Promotion.
13. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of law, and should such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the Courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
15. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Pinterest.