Ordering1.Can I pay online?
2.Do I have to sign up?
3.How do I know my order has been received?
4.What if I forget my password?
5.Do prices include GST?
6.Can I put a hold on goods?
7.What if something I order is not in stock?
8.Can I only order via the website?
Delivery1.Does Online Shopping deliver orders outside of mainland Australia?
2.What happens if I am not at home to receive my delivery?
3.Will I receive a full refund if I cancel my order?
4.What if the products I order are breakable?
5.How much will it cost for postage and delivery?
6.Can I order products and then pick them up myself?
Payment1.What are my payment options?
2.Do you offer lay-bys?
3.How do I get my receipt?
4.Can I purchase IKEA Gift Cards online?
Returns1.Can I return items?
2.What is the Return Policy?
3.What if my goods are faulty?
Security and Privacy1.What is your privacy and security policy?
2.What happens to the personal details I've submitted?
Contact Us1.How do I contact Shop Online?
2.What should I do if my order hasn't arrived?
1. Can I pay online?On most orders you will be able to pay online using a credit card (MasterCard or VISA, sorry we do not accept AMEX or Diners).
If we are not able to calculate your delivery charges online, your order will still be processed, however we will call you within one business day to advise delivery costs and process payment over the phone.
2. Do I have to sign up?You do not need to sign up with us to make an online purchase. However, your online shopping experience can be even easier by creating an IKEA website profile. By doing this, you don’t have to add your personal information every time. (Your password keeps your personal information secure.)
3. How do I know my order has been received?You will receive an automatically generated email confirming that your order has been received and outlining the details of your order – this will be sent to the email address you have given us. If you do not receive an email within an hour or so of submitting it, please contact us.
4. What if I forget my password?If you forget your password, use the “forgotten password” link under the log-in fields to help you. You will receive a new password by email.
5. Do prices include GST?Yes, all prices listed are inclusive of 10% GST.
6. Can I put a hold on goods?No, unfortunately IKEA is not able to hold goods. IKEA is a ‘cash ‘n carry’ business and is unable to provide a storage service for goods that have been purchased. This is how we are able to offer home furnishings at the lowest possible prices.
7. What if something I order is not in stock?Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that all featured merchandise is available, but interruption in supply may occur. IKEA also reserves the right to vary specifications and design or use alternative materials as deemed necessary or desirable at any time. (Changes or variation not to affect quality, performance or appearance.)
If an item you have ordered is not in stock, a Shop Online co-worker will notify you and will advise you of your options.
8. Can I only order via the website?You can also place an order by
calling Online Shopping on 1300 453 234 Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (WST)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Does Online Shopping deliver orders outside of mainland Australia?Shop Online is not able to offer a total delivery service outside of mainland Australia. For customers in Christmas Is etc, we can post goods if they are less than one cubic metre and weigh less than 20kg. We can arrange delivery to a freight company. You will need to make your own arrangements with the freight company to deliver your goods.
Unfortunately we do not offer the Online Shopping service outside of Australia.
2. What happens if I am not at home to receive my delivery?Unfortunately we cannot deliver to the designated address unless someone is there to acknowledge receipt of the delivery.
3. Will I receive a full refund if I cancel my order?You will receive a full refund (inc. delivery fees) if the goods have not been despatched from our premises.
4. What if the products I order are breakable?As a rule we advise against Online Shopping delivery for breakable items (eg. ceramic dishes, glasses or glass vases). Although we take care to wrap these items as well as possible, we are not liable for any breakages that occur during transit. Sorry, we are unable to post glass items through Australia Post.
If you would still like us to send out breakable items to you, we will require an email waiver which absolves IKEA and the chosen freight company from any responsibility should any damages occur. One of our co-workers can discuss this with you over the phone and email you the waiver.
5. How much will it cost for postage and delivery?The amount of postage or the delivery fee will depend entirely on what products you order and where the goods are being shipped to.
Purchases can vary widely on width, height, weight and length which all play a role in determining cost. Of course the distance from the store to destination is also a factor. Other factors such as the need for two delivery personnel and the type of access will impact on the price. Our co-workers will be able to offer you a price for delivery once all the factors are known.
We charge standard rates for postage of parcels up to 20kg (and with a volume measurement of less than 1 cubic metre). An example of these costs can be found at the Australia Post website. Sorry, we are unable to post glass items through Australia Post.
For items weighing more than 20kg a courier service will be used. We use a number of different companies depending on whether the delivery is metropolitan, regional or interstate and we will provide a customised quote for you over the phone.
As a guide, a delivery fee of at least $60 would be payable. If a large item like a sofa or bed was being delivered the cost would be considerably higher. (the cost to send a KLIPPAN sofa from Perth to Kalgoorlie would be approx. $250).
All of the costs associated with shipping will be discussed with you thoroughly over the phone. If for some reason you weren’t happy with the quote/s you are more than welcome to cancel the order, or arrange your own courier (this is very common), without any hard feelings!
6. Can I order products and then pick them up myself?Unfortunately this is not possible. IKEA is a ‘cash ‘n carry’ business and is unable to provide a storage service for goods that have been purchased. All goods ordered through Online Shopping must be posted, despatched or delivered to your designated courier company.
1. What are my payment options?You can pay for your purchases by providing your credit card details online or over the phone to our co-workers when they call to confirm your order. We accept VISA and MasterCard, sorry we do not accept American Express or Diners. If you have an IKEA Gift Card, you need to provide the number to our co-workers.
2. Do you offer lay-bys?No, we do not offer lay-bys for IKEA products as we are a ‘cash ‘n carry’ business. This is how we are able to offer home furnishings at the lowest possible prices.
3. How do I get my receipt?Your receipt will be emailed out to your address. Please keep this as a proof of your purchase.
4. Can I purchase IKEA Gift Cards online?Gift cards can be purchased online or by phoning Online Shopping on 1300 453 234, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (WST). Gift cards are available in any denomination. These will be posted via Australia Post registered mail and you will be charged according to the value. We do this because gift cards are treated as cash (no identifying information about the purchaser is included on the card) and so should be protected against possible misuse or theft.
1. Can I return items?Yes, you are welcome to change your mind and return any goods providing it is in accordance with our Return Policy below.
2. What is the Return Policy?The IKEA Return Policy applies to products purchased via our Online Shopping facility. Please note however, if you change your mind, the cost of returning goods is not covered by us.
View our return policy
3. What if my goods are faulty?IKEA goods found to be faulty will be replaced. We will investigate your complaint with a view to replacing the goods and refunding return delivery costs.
If you have a problem with an item you purchased via our Online Shopping service please contact us.
Security and Privacy
1. What is your privacy and security policy?When you place an online order via the IKEA website, you must first consent to our company storing your personal information in the same way it would be done as when placing mail orders. This information is transmitted securely over the Internet using the latest SSL technology.
The personal information collected is done to enable us to send you the items you have ordered and to validate your identity, as well as to provide us with a way to get in touch with you if the need should arise.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. We do not pass on, trade or sell your personal information to anyone. We don't retain your credit card details in any form following your transaction.
2. What happens to the personal details I've submitted?We are committed to protecting your privacy. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. We do not pass on, trade or sell your personal information to anyone.
We don't retain your credit card details in any form following your transaction.
We will use and disclose the personal information for the primary purpose for which the personal information was collected or for purposes related to or ancillary to that primary purpose.
1. How do I contact Shop Online?You can contact the Online Shopping department via phone or email.
Mon - Fri 10am - 5pm
Sat 10:30am - 5pm
Sun 11:30am - 5pm
Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Sat 8am - 4pm
Sun 9am - 4pm
Phone: 1300 453 234
2. What should I do if my order hasn't arrived?If your order has not arrived by the estimated delivery date, please contact Shop Online. Please have your order confirmation number and delivery details handy.