1. What new IKEA store openings are scheduled?
IKEA Amman store will opened on 2014, no other stores are currently planned for Jordan .
2. Can someone help me plan and design rooms?
Many IKEA stores offer a home decoration service if you wish to furnish an entire room or home. IKEA Amman store also offer a kitchen planning service. Using computer simulations, specially trained kitchen planners can help you plan and choose the kitchen that is right for you.
3. How can I get large items home?
Most IKEA products are flat-packed, making them easy to transport. IKEA Amman store offers a home delivery service if you prefer. Home delivery is not included in the product price.
4. Why are items sometimes out of stock?
Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, IKEA can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays.
5. What if I want to have the products assembled?
IKEA products are generally easy to assemble and require no special tools. If you prefer, IKEA Amman store can offer you a reasonable price for assembly . Our assembly team can come to you that can come to your home to assemble and install our products.
6. Can I return items?
IKEA stores always offer a generous return policy. Ask for assistance at your store or look in your catalogue for details. Please do not forget the receipt and the original packaging.
If you have any complaints about our products or services please contact your store and we will be happy to solve the problem.
8. How many products are in the IKEA product range?
There are about 8,100 products in the total IKEA product range. Each store carries a selection of these 8,100 products depending on store size. The core range is the same worldwide.
9. Where are IKEA products purchased?
More than 2,000 suppliers in over 50 countries manufacture our products. The profile of our well-designed and high quality range is distinctively Swedish/Scandinavian. The low price is literally built into the production and the flat packs facilitate a rational distribution, self-service and immediate take-away. All of our products are labelled "Design and Quality, IKEA of Sweden."
10. Where does IKEA purchase its products from?
10. Our products made in ChinaToday approximately 22% of our range is produced in China. IKEA is in control of the product development process and through our Trading areas we work closely together with our suppliers in place, which is an advantage when it comes to securing product quality. A product risk assessment is made during the development of the product. Tests and follow-ups are done both before we start the production and then on continues basis. We test our products according to our own requirements and applicable international standards/legislation at accredited internal and external test laboratories. IKEA products shall always be safe to use. IKEA believe it's possible to produce safe high quality products to low prices in China.
1. What is the IKEA catalogue?
This year's IKEA catalogue was produced in 66 editions, in 30 languages for 44 countries. The catalogue offers more than just a glimpse at the diverse IKEA product range. You'll discover new affordable solutions and creative approaches to help inspire home furnishing ideas for better living.
2. How can I get a copy of the IKEA catalogue?
The IKEA catalogue is mass-distributed annually in the area around each IKEA store. If you did not receive this year's catalogue, stop by the IKEA store near you for a free copy.
3. When does the new catalogue come out?
The annual catalogue is distributed in August/September of each year and is valid for a full year. Prices are guaranteed not to increase while the catalogue is valid.
In it, you'll discover our furnishings, accessories and room settings along with detailed information on materials, colours, sizes, product care and prices. That way you can plan your next visit to IKEA all from the comfort of your own home!
4. How environmentally friendly is the IKEA catalogue?
Our catalogues are printed on totally chlorine-free paper and contain at least 10-15% post-consumer waste. No rainforest or old-growth fibres are used. The pre-press process is 100% digital,which means no film is used and none of the associated chemicals. No optical brighteners are used on the paper.
1. Who owns the IKEA concept?
IKEA retailing, with its Swedish roots, is based on a franchise system. Inter IKEA Systems B.V., located in Delft, The Netherlands, is the owner and franchisor of the IKEA Concept. IKEA stores are operated by a number of different franchisees in 48 countries.
2. Can I distribute IKEA products?
The IKEA experience is more than just products, it is a retail concept. For the concept to work, it is necessary to have all aspects in place. Therefore, IKEA products are sold only in IKEA stores franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
3. How can I become a franchisee?
IKEA products are sold solely in stores operating the IKEA Retail System--franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. of The Netherlands.
Franchises are granted by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. as part of a detailed expansion plan. Serious applicants are carefully researched and evaluated and franchises are granted only to companies and/or individuals with strong financial backing and a proven record in retail.
Serious inquiries (please include all relevant information) may be sent or faxed to:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.Olof Palmestraat 1NL-2616 LN DelftThe Netherlands
Fax: +31 15 215 38 38
5. What is the IKEA business idea?
The IKEA business idea is: "We shall offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them."
6. How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?
If you are out-going, dedicated, customer-service orientated and interested in working as part of a team, contact the IKEA store near you for possible openings , or visit " Available jobs page " .
7. How does IKEA approach environmental issues?
We're working to create a better environment outdoors as well as indoors.
1. What settings or software do I need on my computer to view the IKEA site?
The IKEA site works with all commonly used browsers, on both PC and Mac platforms. For optimal viewing, we recommend at least Netscape Navigator 4.0 or IE 5.0 and at least 800x600 pixels (possible flash plug in higher than 4.0).
2. Can I purchase IKEA products on the web?
Only a very few countries currently sell products online. In the future, the ambition is to roll out this e-commerce platform to additional countries.
3. What information is collected about me when I visit the site?
We do not require any information to obtain access to any part of our site, unless specifically stated. We may ask for specific information in order to provide a service to you, such as sending you a catalogue. Information requested may include name, title, company, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
We do anonymously track traffic patterns using cookies, in order to measure site performance and make improvements. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer that are read by the browser. These cookies will be automatically deleted after you leave the site.
4. Can I find all IKEA products on this site?
This site features hundreds of IKEA products as a way of demonstrating the breadth and depth of our product range; however, this is only a small portion of IKEA’s complete product range. Each store carries a much larger selection. Be sure to visit your local IKEA store for a look at our full selection.