Product recycling fund (prf)
In accordance with the WEEE Regulations we can collect your old appliances free on a like for like, one for one basis. if you want to use this option, let us know when you place your order in-store and at the home delivery service.
- If you are having a large electrical appliance delivered we will give you at least 24 hours notice of delivery of the new appliance, and at the same time offer to take away the old disconnected appliance, on the same day.
- We will collect your disconnected appliance when delivering the new one and we will give you 24 hours notice to prepare it. If you don't wish to disconnect your appliance in time and therefore we will not be able to collect it, you can return it to the store for recycling.
This legislation (the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations ensures that waste electrical and electronic is collected and recycled in an environmentally responsible manner. The price you pay at the till for these products in-store may include a contribution to a producer recycling fund (PRF) which helps to fund the cost of the collection and recycling of waste electrical equipment. The contributions to the producer recycling fund which are published in our catalogue are correct at the time of going to press. These contributions are set by an independent body, known as the 'WEEE Register' Society Ltd. If the WEEE Register Society Ltd makes changes to the contributions after the catalogue has been published we will let you know in-store.
- This is available in the customer services area of our store.
- Please note that waste batteries must never be placed in your own waste disposal or recycling bins.
- It relates to batteries similar to the type that we sell e.g AA, AAA and rechargeable batteries. We do not take waste car or industrial batteries.
- Batteries should not pose a hazard to our co-workers (i.e must not be leaking etc)
- Battery recycling is free.