PACKED WITH GOODNESS
PEO’S RECIPE (Makes 300ml)
5-6 ripe tomatoes
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
50 ml white wine vinegar
50 ml of tomato puree
50 ml of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
Nutmeg, to season
1. Roughly chop the tomatoes, shallots, garlic and celery.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat then add the tomato puree and the chopped
vegetables. Sauté this for a few minutes.
3. Add the vinegar and sugar.
4. Reduce the tomato mixture for around 30
minutes or until thick.
5. Take the mixture off the heat and allow to cool. Then blend to a smooth ketchup.
6. Season with salt and freshly grated nutmeg.
Unopened, this ketchup lasts for around one month in a cool, dark cupboard. Once opened, store in the fridge and consume within a few days.