1. NOTHING SAYS “LET’S ROCK THESE OLYMPICS” like a welcome bag filled with fun stuff like our take on the foam finger, a time-out mask (when you’re ready for a break or a quick snooze in between middle-of-the-night events), and a sweatband, IKEA-style.
2. COMFORT IS TOTALLY KEY when you’ve got friends over for the big event. Throw down some comfy pillows so people can stretch out on the floor, bring in extra seating like sun chairs, an add these cool soft toy tennis balls that we’ve sewn together. You’ll be surprised how supportive they are!
3. ATHLETES AREN’T THE ONLY ONES WHO NEED TO STAY HYDRATED. Fill a cooler bag with water, juice, and a brew or two, and keep them nearby to avoid interrupting the game for a fridge run.
4. KEEP THE ATHLETIC THEME GOING STRONG with foods like these fun hotdog boats. And finger foods like chips and personal dip cups make chowing down so much easier (added bonus: no double-dipping).
5. THERE’S A CRAZY NUMBER OF EVENTS going on at once during the Olympics. Unfortunately, sometimes you’re just outnumbered in votes and end up watching swimming instead of your favourite, fencing. Set up a station to keep your tablets and laptops charged and ready to keep track of multiple events at once, schedules and scores.
6. ALL THAT SITTING AROUND can lead to some pretty stiff muscles. Get up and move! Have an area dedicated to some fun and games, stretching out and all-around silliness.
Interior designer: Emma Parkinsson
Digital designer: Cecilia Englund
Copywriter: Vanessa Algotsson
Photographer: Sandra Werud
Editor: Linda Harkell