1. REST EASIER. Already designed and tested for strict safety regulations, this cot is made for change, too. It goes from a high-positioned mattress for newborns to a standing-friendly lower level. When getting in and out isn’t a problem, the side comes off. Later, it can be a solo sofa for story time.
2. KEEP NECESSITIES NEARBY. Storage prevents you from a desperate hunt and saves time during late-night changings. Bins and baskets on the wall above the changing table are out of baby’s reach but easily within yours. Later, you can mount the storage at a child-friendly floor level for toys and fun!
3. GET COMFORTABLE. An armchair area works as a feeding and lullaby spot, so you can get baby back to bed. A side table for you is actually a children’s stool for later—made softer with a colourful cover. At first, the freestanding storage bag holds blankets for comfort. Later, it easily adapts to big-kid stuff.
4. LIGHT THE NIGHT. Soft lights let you see what you need without forcing you and baby fully awake. Place them where they’re most helpful and secure the cords. (We put them by the cot and armchair). Later, lamps by mirrors and a wardrobe help with getting dressed and trying on different personalities.
5. CHOOSE CLASSICS. The little character is finally here, and you want the world to know. Make the room timeless with paint and textiles in primary/secondary colours and playful with patterns like dots and stripes. Later, add hand-sewn cushions and other pieces to match your child’s personality.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.