1. Whole spices like nutmeg, cardamom and cinnamon keep their freshness (and flavour) longer than ground up spices
2. Bulbs like onions and garlic, store better in the dark. Just make sure they’re away from heat and moisture.
3. Herbs can be kept longer (while keeping their flavour) by drying them out. Just hang them in bundles upside down somewhere warm and dry.
5. Herbs and spices with a high water content (like chilli’s, lemongrass, and lime leaves) store best in the freezer.
6. Spices give lots more flavour if your grind up whole ones right when you want to use them.
7. Wrap aromatic herbs like parsley, rosemary and thyme with some cooking string and toss in in a pot when making soups, stews and curries.